Chocolate Cake Doughnuts 🍩. Decorating Machines for Volume Production of Cakes, Cupcakes, Cookies and Pastry Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Chocolate Cake Donuts are different than traditional Donuts but equally as delicious.
All you need to make a donut tin is a cupcake tin and large squares of tin foil. Mold one square of foil around your finger to create the center and then. The flavor of these Chocolate Cake Doughnuts is chocolate perfection. You can have Chocolate Cake Doughnuts 🍩 using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cake Doughnuts 🍩
- You need of For the doughnuts.
- You need 2 of eggs (substitute with avocado, banana, boiled sweet potato).
- Prepare 1/8 cup of Butter (crisco/sunflower margarine/vegetable oil).
- You need 4-6 teaspoons of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract (optional).
- It’s 1 squeeze of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup.
- It’s 1/3 cup of + 2 tbsp plain flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s of For the toppings (use a good combination of any of these).
- You need of Mini chocolate chips (dark/white chocolate).
- Prepare of Mini marshmallows.
- It’s of Mini pretzels.
- It’s of Rainbow sprinkles.
- You need of Heart sprinkles.
- You need of Galaxy sprinkles.
- Prepare of Chocolate curls/shavings.
- Prepare of Extra chocolate (to drizzle).
- Prepare of Mixed chopped nuts (peanuts, almonds, pistachios, pecans).
- It’s of caramel (to drizzle).
- It’s of freeze-dried/fresh berries (raspberry, blueberry, strawberry).
- You need of Graham cracker crumbs.
- You need of Oreo crumbs.
- It’s of Mini Mars/Snickers/Galaxy/Twix (cut into pieces).
- Prepare of Whipped cream/cool whip (optional).
Not too sweet, but definitely chocolatey-rich. Thanks to the addition of buttermilk and mini chocolate chips, the cake doughnuts are super moist. After dipping the doughnuts in the glaze, add whatever decorations you like – nuts (walnuts are classic chocolate companions), sprinkles, or extra mini chocolate chips. Make certain that all ingredients are at room temperature before starting.
Chocolate Cake Doughnuts 🍩 step by step
- Cream the butter (crisco/sunflower margarine/vegetable oil) with the sugar and then, add 1 egg (avocado, banana or boiled sweet potato) at a time and continue to whisk till everything comes together..
- Squeeze a good amount Hershey's Chocolate Syrup in. The syrup can be substituted with melted chocolate bars. Just make sure your syrup or melted bar is 100% pure dark chocolate. Add the vanilla and whisk this for another minute..
- Add the flour slowly and gradually along with the baking powder. This step is entirely optional but if you want to, you can add mixed nuts and/or chocolate chips at this point to give the doughnut batter an extra crunch/flavor. Your batter should be silky and smooth like this..
- Pour into the greased pan/doughnut moulds and bake these for 3 minutes (if you're using the microwave). Adjust your temperature settings to your liking if you're either baking this in an electric oven or steaming it in a steamer. Cool them in room temperature the sooner they step out of the oven/steamer. Cut them with the doughnut cutter if you've baked it in a regular square pan. Drizzle extra chocolate syrup/melted chocolate on the top and it's done. Well… almost..
- Be creative and use any of the toppings mentioned on the recipe and give the doughnuts your own kind of makeover. Doughnuts with topping(s) stand out better than those that don't. Double or triple the recipe if you're sharing these with family or friends 🖤.
These doughnuts are great with chocolate glaze also. Lightly grease the wells of two standard doughnut pans. If you don't have two pans, simply bake the batter in two batches. These chocolate cake doughnuts are baked, helping to avoid that extra oil. Use cooking spray or grease a non-stick muffin or cupcake pan.