Homemade caramel popcorn. A Great Gift Anytime – Order Yours Today! Place popcorn in a very large bowl. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt.
Once melted, stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Combine the caramel sauce and popcorn. Slowly pour the caramel sauce over the popcorn while stirring the popcorn (it helps if you have a partner for this step — one person pouring while the other stirs the popcorn). You can have Homemade caramel popcorn using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade caramel popcorn
- It’s 3/4 of of a bag of popped popcorn (i used butter).
- It’s 2 sticks of salted butter.
- It’s 1 c of light brown sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s of Optional: 1 bag peanuts.
Continue stirring the sauce into the popcorn until all of the kernels are coated. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Homemade caramel popcorn step by step
- Pop popcorn & salt (optional) set aside. Melt 1 cup of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 cup of brown sugar and stir until thoroughly mixed. Stirring continuously, bring the butter and sugar mixture up to a boil on medium heat. When it reaches a boil allow it to cook for 5 minutes without stirring on medium heat. Add the 2 tsp. of vanilla at the 4 minute mark and stir to mix..
- Continue to boil for one addition minute and then add the 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. Drizzle the caramel mixture over the popcorn. Use a spoon to gently fold the popcorn with the mixture until the kernels are all covered. Add peanuts if like. Pour the popcorn out onto a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil. Let the popcorn cool..
How to make caramel popcorn: Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once melted, stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. In a sauce pan bring to a boil brown sugar, butter and syrup. When the timer sounds, put the popcorn back into the large mixing bowl, mix it around a few times to try to break up clumps.