Bolognaise Sauce. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders From Easter Egg Hunts to Easter Sunday Lunch. Huge Range Of Locally Sourced Food, Drinks & More. Heat the oil in another large pan and cook the onion, carrot and green pepper until they start to soften.
Add the carrots and and celery cook until tender. Stir in the puree, stock, tomatoes and herbs. Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat. You can cook Bolognaise Sauce using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bolognaise Sauce
- It’s 500 grams of Ground Beef.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 2 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of large Onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of large Celery Stick (without the leaf), finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of large Carrot, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried Oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried Basil or a handful of fresh Basil leaves.
- Prepare 500 grams of Tomato Purée.
- You need 2 tbsp of Parmesan Cheese, grated.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground White Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
Add a tablespoon of olive oil and once hot add the beef mince and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook the mince until well browned over a medium-high heat (be. Brown the minced beef in a frying pan over a medium heat, drain and set aside. Add all of your cherry tomatoes to a saucepan and squish with a potato masher.
Bolognaise Sauce instructions
- Heat olive oil over a medium high heat, stir in garlic, follow with onion, carrot and celery. Stir until everything is half cook.
- Add ground beef and stir until turning brown.
- Add oregano and basil, mix it well and let the beef cook.
- Add tomato purée, mix until it boils, then turn the heat to minimum, cover the pan with a lid for 1,5 hours, stir occasionally, add hot water (if needed).
- After 1,5 hours, open the lid and let it cook for another 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, add salt and pepper, then turn off the heat, do note move the pan.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir it well. Sauce are ready to serve with cooked pasta, as the red sauce for lasagna or freeze for later use.
Add your tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, herbs, seasoning and sugar. In a cup prepare the beef stock cubes, add to the pan and simmer on a low heat. Donal Skehan's classic bolognese recipe is a good basic bolognese recipe for use in pasta dishes. It's also handy for cooking in batches. Or, take a look at Felicity Cloake's bolognese sauce which uses chicken livers.