Beef bacon & asparagus carbonara. Check Out Beef Bacon on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Since beef is leaner than pork, beef bacon can tend to be drier than pork bacon.
Pork bacon is simply cured, smoked, and sliced pork belly. Similarly, beef bacon is made by curing, drying, smoking, and then thinly slicing beef belly. Glad I found Beef Bacon I could not get the grocery store to keep in stock. You can cook Beef bacon & asparagus carbonara using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef bacon & asparagus carbonara
- Prepare of Spaghetti or any pasta you prefer.
- Prepare 2 of eggs (add more if you want your sauce extra silky).
- It’s 4 strips of beef bacon (with fat).
- It’s 100 grams of thin asparagus.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of roughly chopped Italian parsley.
I have to limit my pork intake and this is a good alternative if you need bacon in your life. I really like the taste and will be ordering more. I have fried it, backed it in the oven and microwaved it and all come out good. Not much different than cooking pork bacon.
Beef bacon & asparagus carbonara instructions
- Place your pasta in a pot of boiling salted water. Let that cook just before al dente while you prepare the other ingredients..
- Cut up the beef bacon into smaller strips or cubes and toss it into another pan. Add some butter if you need more fat..
- Chop the cleaned asparagus into thirds and throw them into the pan along with the beef bacon. Adding a dash of salt will brighten the greenness of the asparagus..
- Break the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites. Place the yolks into a bowl and add parmesan cheese before mixing well..
- When the pasta is almost al dente, remove it from the water and add it to the pan of beef bacon and asparagus. Mix well for about a minute – now this part is important – THEN TAKE IT OFF THE HEAT..
- Pour in the yolks and cheese mixture and mix well so that the eggs don’t scramble. Finish it off with a dash of salt, pepper, chopped parsley..
Beef bacon is pure incarnation of that flavor. Beef bacon is created in three steps – curing the belly, smoking the meat, cooking the bacon to beefy perfection. Making your own beef bacon is not difficult, it's just a matter of being prepared for the time the cure takes, then the smoke stage. Gwaltney Beef Bacon brings an authentic, rich flavor to breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between. This sliced bacon is cut from beef plate, providing an undeniably juicy and delicious flavor to each strip.