Old Fashioned Caramel Popcorn. A Great Gift Anytime – Order Yours Today! DIRECTIONS In a saucepan mix butter brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the baking soda until the mixture has puffed up.
It's enjoyed by millions every day. They're fine and they look fantastic. Pop popcorn and spread on lined cookie sheets Start the caramel by heating a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. You can cook Old Fashioned Caramel Popcorn using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned Caramel Popcorn
- Prepare 10 cups of popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup unpopped kernels).
- You need 1 cup of mixed nuts.
- It’s 1 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
Do not use microwave popcorn, instead pop corn in an air pop machine or on the stove top. Remove any unpopped kernels and discard. Place corn and nuts into very large mixing bowl and set aside. In a sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
Old Fashioned Caramel Popcorn step by step
- Do not use microwave popcorn, instead pop corn in an air pop machine or on the stove top.
- You will need approximately 10 cups of popped corn.
- Remove any unpopped kernels and discard.
- Place corn and nuts into very large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add sugar and mix.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla and cook an additional 1 minute.
- Turn off heat and add baking soda. Mix thoroughly.
- Fold sauce into corn and nuts until evenly coated.
- Cool on foil lined baking sheet.
- Store in an air tight container… if you have any left lol.
Add vanilla and baking powder and stir briefly. While foaming, quickly pour caramel into the brown bag, over the popped popcorn. Roll the top of the bag together until closed and shake well. Place popcorn in a very large bowl. Dump each batch into a large enamel roasting pan (turkey size) that has been treated with food release spray.