Breakfast Pizza (stuffed crust). Breakfast Pizza (stuffed crust) Heather K Maine. This stuffed crust pizza recipe features eggs and kale atop a whole wheat pita to make the perfect quick-and-easy savory breakfast. ~by Regan Jones, RD. My love of sweet breakfast knows no bounds.
Spread hash browns over the sausage and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper in a bowl until smooth and pour the egg mixture over the cheese layer. Sprinkle pizza evenly with Parmesan cheese. You can have Breakfast Pizza (stuffed crust) using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Breakfast Pizza (stuffed crust)
- You need of Bread/Pizza/Handmade dough.
- You need 1 bag of Shredded cheese of your choice [mozzarella cheese].
- You need 4-6 of eggs [depending on size your making].
- You need 1 splash of milk.
- Prepare of Desired amount of Cooked Bacon.
- Prepare of Desired amount of Cooked Sauage.
- Prepare 5 of string cheese sticks.
- You need of Cooking spray.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Melted butter w/ brush for spreading.
Top with Monterey Jack cheese, bell pepper, onion and bacon. Breakfast pizza is topped with chorizo, nacho cheese sauce, spiced-up eggs, and frozen hash browns using refrigerated pizza crust. A tasty pizza for anyone who enjoys spicy foods. You can adjust the heat intensity to satisfy any taste buds by choosing mild cheese sauce and chorizo.
Breakfast Pizza (stuffed crust) step by step
- Cook Bacon and Sauage. Set aside to cool, once cooled, crumble into small bits and pieces. Set aside until needed for your toppings..
- Pre-heat the oven at 400-425 depending on how well done (crispy) you want the crust to be..
- Remove wrapping or Open the string cheese sticks from there individual packaging and cut them in half. Set aside..
- Spread some flour out on counter or put flour directly on the dough and working into the size of your Pizza pan. **If your doing stuffed crust pizza stretch the dough an additional 2-3" beyond edge of pan, enough to roll a 1/2 a cheese stick into the crust—creating the stuff crust** do this all the way around your pizza or half way if others don't want stuff crust..
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the splash of milk, and mix together with a whisk until one solid looking color..
- Spray your pizza/round flat baking pan with cooking spray. Just enough so pizza don't stick to your pan. !!!warning… There have been times where I have sprayed my pan a little to early, tried working my dough on said pan and got very frustrated, b/c the dough is constantly shrinking down! That's why I recommend doing a size check every now and then before committing the dough to pan once it's been sprayed!.
- Pour your beaten eggs on your dough, making sure it covers all of the dough, ***think of this as the, pizza "sauce" layer*** touching the crust completely around. TIP: if you notice the egg is very thin and not completely touching the crust 100% around,–beat 1 egg with a splash of milk and pour onto crust, continue to do so, 1 egg w/ a splash of milk at a time until the eggs/ "sauce.
- Now time for toppings! Add your shredded cheese first, once your happy with your amount of cheese, then add your bacon and sauage next….add as little or as much as you want!.
- Carefully place in heated oven. Top/middle rack, depending on prefered doneness you want..
- Cook for 20-25 minutes depending on how soft or crispy you want your crust to be. That's it! Easy right!?.
- (optional) Once you pull out of oven immediently spread butter around top-most part of crust, and chase around with garlic powder. (optional).
- Allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes after pulling from oven. Then cut your pizza into as many slices as you'd like! ENJOY!.
By Laura Burger Pozdol For the Pizza Dough, if you can find it frozen, uncooked, and preshaped. it's a huge time saver. This helps the egg settle and cook more evenly. When the oven is preheated, and the pans are scorching hot, take them out of the oven. Pour sourdough pizza crust onto a pizza stone or cast iron skillet. Slice tomatoes really thin and place them on the crust.