Lemon Poppyseed Sugar Cookies. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and poppy seeds. These big, soft and chewy lemon poppy seed sugar cookies are absolutely addicting! Packed with freshly grated lemon zest, crunchy poppy seeds, and finished off with a wonderful sugar crust, they are sure to be a hit with your citrus loving family. You can have Lemon Poppyseed Sugar Cookies using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Poppyseed Sugar Cookies
- It’s 1 cup of butter (softened).
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 cup of + 1 tbs sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tbs of cream (or milk).
- Prepare of Zest of 1 lemon.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s 2 tbs of poppyseed.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
Lemon-Poppyseed Sugar Cookies(Cook's Illustrated) Be the first to review this recipe. While developing a sugar cookie recipe for chewy cookies with big vanilla flavor, we determined a few things: Using just one whole egg gave us the chew we wanted, a healthy dose of vanilla delivered good flavor, and light. Whisk the flour, poppy seeds, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Lemon Poppyseed Sugar Cookies step by step
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla. About 2-3 min.
- In a separate bowl, add your dry ingredients.
- Add in your egg, lemon juice, zest and cream to your butter mixture.
- Add in your dry ingredients gradually until everything well combined..
- Stir in your poppyseeds with a spatula or wooden spoon..
- Form the dough into 2 logs. Place in freezer to harden..
- Slice cookies about 1/4 inch thick, place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 10-12 min or until lightly golden around edges..
You will love the addition of poppy seeds and the sweet lemon glaze takes the cookies over the top! The cookies are perfect for parties, showers, or every day dessert. They were the perfect treat for Josh's birthday! Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies made with a shortbread base, lemon juice and zest in a rich buttery crispy cookie that's perfect for tea or your Christmas cookie exchange! Beat eggs until foamy, then add sugar, oil, juice, and salt.