Sev khamani. Huge range- FREE Delivery UK wide London location, come and visit us! Sev Khamani is a popular, non fried, delectable Gujarati snack made with Bengal gram (chana dal). It is soft and grainy in texture with a flavorful taste that is balanced of spice, sour and sweet taste from green chili, lemon juice and sugar.
Surti Sev Khamani: Enjoy this famous Gujarati street food now at home. How to make Surti Sev Khamani? Sev Khamni is popular Gujarati Snacks from Surat area. You can cook Sev khamani using 28 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sev khamani
- Prepare of Sev Recipe Ingredients.
- It’s 2 Cup of besan.
- You need 1 spoon of salt.
- Prepare 3 spoon of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s of Oil for fry.
- You need of Also need sev maker.
- Prepare of Khamani Recipe Ingredients.
- It’s 1 cup of chana dal.
- You need 1/2 cups of sour curds.
- Prepare 3 spoon of Ginger chilli paste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Ingredients for tempering.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 8– 10 of nos curry leave.
- It’s 1 of green chilli finely.
- Prepare 2 spoon of mustard seeds.
- You need Pinch of hing.
- You need 3- 4 of spoon sugar powder.
- It’s 1 piece of lemon.
- Prepare 3- 5 of spoon water.
- You need of Ingredients for garnishing.
- Prepare of Chopped coriander.
- Prepare of Green chilli.
- Prepare of Sev.
Sev Khamni is traditionally made from Dhokla and also known as Amiri Khaman. Seasoning adds classic tastes in Sev Khamni. This gram lentils snacks is juicy, sweet and tangy. Drain the water and grind the chana dal coarse. make sure that the dal is not crushed very fine. add water if needed while grinding.
Sev khamani instructions
- Mix dry ingredients besan & salt together. Add the oil and mix it well. Add the water slowly to make soft and smooth dough. Greased sev maker with attachment., heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat, make sev , fry both sides till they become light golden brown, and oil will stop sizzling. Sev is ready. Remove it using slotted spoon. Take them out over paper towel lined plate. And continue the same process for remaining dough. Let the sev cool completely. sev is ready to serve.
- Wash the chana dal and soak it for 5-6 hrs or overnight. Drain the water from the soaked chana dal, curd and add it into the blender & Bled cahan dal. Add ginger, green chilies & turmeric into the blender. Blend all the ingredients together. While blending use less than ¼ cup of water to make the batter, do not make very fine paste. Now transfer the dal paste into a mixing bowl. Add salt, soda, oil into the dal paste and mix well..
- Whisk the dal mixture using a spoon for 5 minutes or till the paste has a light and airy texture. Prepare your steamer to steam the khaman. Grease the steaming plate with a teaspoon of oil. Pour the prepared batter into the plate, then place the batter plate into the steamer and steam the khaman for 10-15 minutes. Remove the steamed khaman plate from the steamer and keep aside till it cools down. Cut the khuman into squares and crumble it using your fingers,.
- Now heat oil into a small pan. Once the oil is hot enough, add mustard seeds, curry leave and a pinch of hing. Once seeds start crackling add 3 – 4 tbsp of water, lemon juice, sugar and salt, bring it to the boil. Pour this tempering over the crumbled khaman. Sprinkle chopped coriander over the khaman and mix well. Surti Sev Khamani is now ready to be served. Just before serving add sev Serve Surti Sev Khamani with sev & chilli.
Grind chillies, garlic, ginger and keep it aside. Sev Khamani is super simple and easy to prepare. Chana dal is the main ingredient for this recipe. First, prepare the dhokla then roughly ground it and fry it in the spices. We try awesome dishes like Samosa Sandwich, Sev Khamani, Khi.