Chili Mac. Made it more like a taco mac versus a chili mac this way. Second, if you are going to use a packaged mix, go with chili rather than taco. I prefer to do this with my own cumin, cayenne and a couple of diced jalapenos.
A spicy twist on regular chili mac; the jalapenos give it some real zing! This recipe is easily converted to a stove-top recipe by sauteing the vegetables, adding all the ingredients together and heating them through. Used leftover pasta and made my own chili seasonings. You can have Chili Mac using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chili Mac
- You need of Leftover 'Dad's Chili' (my recipe).
- Prepare of Cheesy Tomato Pasta Sauce (my recipe).
- It’s of (Substitute mozz with cheddar, if desired).
- You need of Macaroni noodles.
Chili mac is a dish prepared using chili and macaroni as primary ingredients, which is often topped or intermingled with cheese. Some versions are made using prepared or homemade macaroni and cheese. It is a common dish in the cuisine of the Midwestern United States, and is also popular in other areas of the United States. In a large pot, boil pasta until al dente.
Chili Mac step by step
- Cook macaroni noodles and drain, leave in strainer..
- In same saucepan, combine butter and milk/cream and heat until smooth..
- Add tomato sauce/puree, blend well, then add shredded cheese and stir until melted..
- Add leftover chili, heat for 3min, then stir in macaroni and remove from heat..
Meanwhile, in a big, deep pot, brown beef in oil over medium high heat. Season meat mixture with chili powder, cumin,. What are some other variations to Chili Mac and Cheese? Two classic comfort foods, macaroni and cheese and chili, come together to create this family favorite Chili Mac! While cooking ground beef cook macaroni acording to box.