Simple sweet potato biscuits. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Retro Sweet Hampers with Huge Selection of Gift Ideas. Place biscuit mix in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mash sweet potatoes; stir in milk and butter.
Add the butter, and then using a fork or pastry blender, work the butter into the flour mixture until it is the size of small peas. Cut in the shortening until pieces of shortening are pea-sized or smaller. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. You can cook Simple sweet potato biscuits using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple sweet potato biscuits
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of boiled sweet potatoes.
- You need 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
Add the butter and then, using a fork, pastry blender, or your fingers, work the butter into the flour mixture until it is the size of small peas. Place the sweet potato in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Drain, then puree in a food processor. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until the puree is cold, approximately one hour.
Simple sweet potato biscuits instructions
- Add butter and mix using fingers till the mixture becomes crumbly. Spare about 2 tablespoons of butter which will be melted and used at the end..
- In a separate bowl, mash the boiled potatoes to a pulp..
- Add milk to the mashed potato and mix till it forms a thick consistency..
- Mix the potato and milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together to form a dough..
- Place dough on a floured surface and using a rolling pin, roll until the dough is about 3/4 inch thick. You can split the dough into two before you roll, if you have a small working surface..
- Using a biscuit cutter (or the end of a narrow glass like I did lol) cut the dough into rounds. Gather the left over dough and repeat the process again till you use up all the dough..
- Place the cut outs on a floured oven pan, or alternatively you can use parchment paper..
- Melt the remaining butter and brush the top of the cut outs..
- Place the pan in a pre heated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted..
These orange-hued sweet potato biscuits are always a family favorite. They're easy to make and loaded with hidden veggies! Perfect for any meal, but some of our favorite ways to serve these are as a dinner side; with warm with butter and honey (and your favorite jam); or with slices of seared thick cut country ham and hot pepper jelly. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Combine sweet potato and milk in a small bowl; add potato mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.