Egusi soup recipe II🍽. Great recipe for Egusi soup recipe II🍽.. Start by grinding the tomato, red bell pepper, scotch pepper & onions together & add them into a pot cook until water is drained add in the palm oil & ground nut oil & fry for a couple of minutes then add in the ginger garlic paste after grinding them into a paste. This soup is native to West Africa (Nigeria) and many of my American as well as Nigerian friends have enjoyed it.
If you can't find Egusi seeds, you can substitute pumpkin seeds. Egusi soup is also one of the most popular soups, if not the most popular for all Nigerians and non-Nigerians that like Nigerian fufu recipes. The recipe detailed on this page is what I call the Caking Method of cooking Egusi Soup (the Egusi Before Oil method). You can have Egusi soup recipe II🍽 using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egusi soup recipe II🍽
- You need 1/2 cup of Egusi.
- You need 3 of tomato.
- Prepare 2 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 3 of scotch pepper.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need of Garlic 7 pcs (small).
- Prepare 1 of ginger (fresh or dry).
- You need 2 of fish.
- It’s 2 serving spoon of Palm oil.
- Prepare of Ground nut oil 1 serving spoon (optional).
- It’s 1 of onga.
- Prepare 1 tea spoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- It’s of Spinach.
Other methods are: Fried Egusi Soup: where the Egusi is fried in palm oil before. Egusi is a West African name for the seeds of plants like squash, melons, and gourds that, when dried and ground become a staple ingredient in many West African dishes. Particularly, in Nigerian culture, egusi is a popular with pounded yam. These seeds are rich in fat and protein, and add these essential nutrients into West African Cuisine.
Egusi soup recipe II🍽 instructions
- Start by grinding the tomato, red bell pepper, scotch pepper & onions together & add them into a pot cook until water is drained add in the palm oil & ground nut oil & fry for a couple of minutes then add in the ginger garlic paste after grinding them into a paste. Stir well then add water..
- Cover & allow to boil, then add in the salt, maggi & onga. Followed by the fish cover & cook for 5 minutes. Then crack the egg in the egusi mix & drop into the soup as seen here. Then cover & allow to cook for another 5 minutes the add the spinach cook for 7 minutes & its done…serve with any swallow of choice i serve mine with tuwo shinkafa 😋😋👍🏻.
Nigerian Egusi Soup is a soup thickened with ground. On this page, I also included a video recipe for this soup and then a list of some other Nigerian soups that are in the same category as this yummy soup. What you find below is a delicious plate of egusi soup and fufu, a popular Nigeria combination. Mix the ground achi with water till a medium consistency is achieved (see video below). Egusi Soup is a soup made with a white kind of pumpkin seeds (obtainable from African stores or Amazon.com).