Jodhpur kabuli (layered rice recipe). Browse & Discover Thousands of Cooking Food & Wine Book Titles, for Less. Try Zatarain's® Recipes For Ideas & Inspiration. Now when both rice and curry is ready, start layering them.
Drain the water and add the rice in a heavy bottom pan along with lemon juice, salt and cloves. Meanwhile, heat ghee for the masala in a pan. How to make Jodhpuri Kabuli Recipe To begin making the Jodhpuri Kabuli Recipe, first keep the rice in a pressure cooker with ghee, cloves and lemon juice. You can have Jodhpur kabuli (layered rice recipe) using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jodhpur kabuli (layered rice recipe)
- You need 2 of potatoes.
- You need 2 of onions.
- It’s 1/2 of cauliflower.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- It’s 4 of green chillies.
- You need 5-6 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 slices of bread.
- Prepare as required of Coriander (for garnishing).
- Prepare 100 grams/ 1 bowl of Rice.
- You need 50 grams of Curd.
- It’s as required of Oil (for frying).
- Prepare as required of Ghee (for tempting).
- It’s as per taste of Salt.
- Prepare As per taste of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Coriander powder.
Slice onion, potato and tomato in round pieces. Take a pan or kadhai, put oil in it to deep fry potato slices and cauliflower florets. Take the curd in a pan, add salt, red chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, cut ginger and chopped green chili. Wash and cook rice, spread and keep it aside.
Jodhpur kabuli (layered rice recipe) step by step
- Firstly take all the vegetables, wash them, cut/ chop them as shown them in the picture and deep fry all the vegetables and bread also.(don't fry tomatoes).
- Take curd, add all dry masala and make a good paste. Heat the pan and put ghee in it.. once ghee get hot, put the curd paste, chopped chillies and garlic, little water and let it get steamed on low flame.. after 2 mins add all the above-fried vegetables and bread in it and stir for next 2 mins..
- Put rice with double water and salt in a pressure cooker and cook it till 2 whistles..
- Now when both rice and curry is ready, start layering them. Start with 1st layer of white rice, 2nd layer curry, 3rd layer sliced (uncooked) tomatoes, repeat these layers once again. Garnish with coriander leaves..
- Enjoy this Rice (kabuli) with papad..
Sauté, peas, potatoes, carrots, cauliflower and keep it aside. Heat oil, add bay leaf, add ginger garlic paste, Onion sauté for few minutes, when onion starts changing color, and add the veggies Add the dry spices and stir well. Heat desi ghee in a pan, and fry the potatoes till brown. Usually the rice is layered with spices, meat, sauce, carrots and raisins, similar to Persian Loobia Polo. Because I wanted to leave my lamb shanks whole for the presentation I took another approach and only layered the rice with the spices, carrots and raisins.