Egusi soup recipe II🍽. Great recipe for Egusi soup recipe II🍽.. Start by grinding the tomato, red bell pepper, scotch pepper & onions together & add them into a pot cook until water is drained add in the palm oil & ground nut oil & fry for a couple of minutes then add in the ginger garlic paste after grinding them into a paste. This soup is native to West Africa (Nigeria) and many of my American as well as Nigerian friends have enjoyed it.
If you can't find Egusi seeds, you can substitute pumpkin seeds. Egusi is a West African name for the seeds of plants like squash, melons, and gourds that, when dried and ground become a staple ingredient in many West African dishes. Particularly, in Nigerian culture, egusi is a popular with pounded yam. You can cook Egusi soup recipe II🍽 using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Egusi soup recipe II🍽
- It’s of Egusi.
- It’s of tomato.
- It’s of red bell pepper.
- You need of scotch pepper.
- It’s of onion.
- Prepare of Garlic 7 pcs (small).
- Prepare of ginger (fresh or dry).
- You need of fish.
- You need of Palm oil.
- It’s of Ground nut oil 1 serving spoon (optional).
- Prepare of onga.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of egg.
- You need of water.
- It’s of Spinach.
These seeds are rich in fat and protein, and add these essential nutrients into West African Cuisine. Nigerian Egusi Soup is a soup thickened with ground. Egusi soup is also one of the most popular soups, if not the most popular for all Nigerians and non-Nigerians that like Nigerian fufu recipes. The recipe detailed on this page is what I call the Caking Method of cooking Egusi Soup (the Egusi Before Oil method).
Egusi soup recipe II🍽 instructions
- Start by grinding the tomato, red bell pepper, scotch pepper & onions together & add them into a pot cook until water is drained add in the palm oil & ground nut oil & fry for a couple of minutes then add in the ginger garlic paste after grinding them into a paste. Stir well then add water..
- Cover & allow to boil, then add in the salt, maggi & onga. Followed by the fish cover & cook for 5 minutes. Then crack the egg in the egusi mix & drop into the soup as seen here. Then cover & allow to cook for another 5 minutes the add the spinach cook for 7 minutes & its done…serve with any swallow of choice i serve mine with tuwo shinkafa 😋😋👍🏻.
Other methods are: Fried Egusi Soup: where the Egusi is fried in palm oil before. On this page, I also included a video recipe for this soup and then a list of some other Nigerian soups that are in the same category as this yummy soup. What you find below is a delicious plate of egusi soup and fufu, a popular Nigeria combination. Ground egusi (or pumpkin seeds) is the main ingredient. Other ingredients include red palm oil, African crayfish, meats and fish, seasoning, hot pepper and some form of leafy greens.