[Farmhouse Recipe] Komatsuna Hot and Sour Soup. Great recipe for [Farmhouse Recipe] Komatsuna Hot and Sour Soup. I added komatsuna and vinegar to my favorite Chinese-style egg soup. Komatsuna stir-fried over high heat is crispy, and it goes well with rich and sour egg soup.
I realize this is Hot and Sour soup and I like sour but as written this is WAY too sour. The soup is extremely spicy as well and I like spicy but you'll want to cut back if you are sensitive to it. Add to the soup and stir until the soup begins to thicken. You can cook [Farmhouse Recipe] Komatsuna Hot and Sour Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of [Farmhouse Recipe] Komatsuna Hot and Sour Soup
- Prepare 200 grams of Komatsuna.
- You need 100 grams of Enoki mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- Prepare of "A" ingredients:.
- Prepare 500 ml of Chinese soup (500ml water + 1 tablespoon of weipa).
- You need 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
Add the egg, whisking with a fork until little shreds of cooked egg form. Taste and adjust the seasonings with vinegar, pepper or soy sauce. Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and serve immediately. You Asked for It – Hot and Sour Soup!
[Farmhouse Recipe] Komatsuna Hot and Sour Soup instructions
- Heat a frying pan with sesame oil, add the komatsuna cut into 4cm lengths. Cook for 1 minute over high heat..
- Combine the "A" ingredients in a pot, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Trim the stems of the enoki mushrooms, cut in half, and add to the pot and boil for 10 seconds..
- Add the dissolved katakuriko, then once the soup thickens, add the beaten egg, and mix with chopsticks..
- Finally add the komatsuna. Pour vinegar in at the end..
- Swirl in ra-yu (red chili pepper sesame oil) to taste..
Hot and Sour Soup Ingredients: To make this hot and sour soup recipe, you will need: Broth: Either chicken or veggie stock (or broth) will do. Mushrooms: I highly recommend using shiitake mushrooms, but baby bella or even button mushrooms would also do. Rice vinegar, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, ground ginger: To flavor the broth.; Cornstarch: To thicken the broth. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat. This hot and sour soup recipe is the best hot and sour soup I've had.