Our Family's Recipe Kiritanpo Hot Pot. Cook Up A Feast From Our Spanish Collection Great discounts and savings on top home brands. Place in a hot pot with fresh water and turn on the heat. Add the center pieces from the cabbage (cut into large pieces) and the maitake mushroom.
Remove them and add the shirataki noodles and maitake mushrooms. When all the ingredients are cooked through, add the flavoring ingredients and bring to a boil. Kiritanpo is typically an ingredient in a hot pot but you can also enjoy it with walnut or sesame miso paste as a snack. You can cook Our Family's Recipe Kiritanpo Hot Pot using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Our Family's Recipe Kiritanpo Hot Pot
- Prepare 3 of Kiritanpo (commerically-available rice dumpling or.
- You need 1 of thigh Chicken thigh.
- It’s 1 of Burdock root.
- Prepare 1 of Spring Onions.
- You need 1 of pack Maitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/4 of Chinese or napa cabbage.
- It’s 400 grams of String Konnyaku.
- You need of Seasoning:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Japanese dashi powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sake.
- It’s 1 of Salt.
Add the leek just before eating. Bring the pot to a boil, and add the dropwort and kiritanpo. Thoroughly wash the burdock root and scrape off the skin with. Originally, the broth of Kiritanpo Nabe is made from the bones of local Hinai chicken but we're substituting with easily available chicken wings.
Our Family's Recipe Kiritanpo Hot Pot step by step
- Julienne and soak the burdock in vinegar water to remove the debris. Place in a hot pot with fresh water and turn on the heat..
- When the water reaches a boil, add the chicken thigh and simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add the center pieces from the cabbage (cut into large pieces) and the maitake mushroom. Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add the leafy parts of the cabbage and string konnyaku. Flavor with dashi soup, soy sauce, sake, and salt and continue to simmer for 10 minutes..
- Prior to serving, add the spring onions and Kiritanpo and stop the heat. Cover, and allow to steam until ready to eat..
- Taste the soup and adjust the amount of broth seasonings since the strength depends on other ingredients and the amount of water..
- The kiritanpo is on the firm side side, for people who want it softer, add it in 5 minutes earlier..
Place the chicken wings into a large pot of boiling water. When the surface turns white, remove and place them into a bowl of cold water. Carefully rinse the joints and the surface of the meat. Originally devised as a way to easily transport rice to eat while hunting in Akita's mountainous regions, it is also used in stews. When it comes to family dinner ideas there is one that reigns supreme in our house: Chinese Hot Pot.