Kid-Friendly Meat Sauce for Pasta. The best place for your Italian favourites. Shipped at fixed rates around the world! Find and order your favourite Italian food!
Remove some or all of the grease from the beef to your liking. Here is how you do that. Throw in salt, pepper, tomato sauce and paste, water (with the bouillon cubes in it or beef broth in the can), sugar, basil, oregano and garlic. You can cook Kid-Friendly Meat Sauce for Pasta using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kid-Friendly Meat Sauce for Pasta
- You need 1.5 pounds of 80/20 ground beef.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions, minced.
- You need 6 of large cloves garlic, minced.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of oil (vegetable or olive work fine).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of dried basil.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of dried oregano.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of tightly packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ketcup.
- Prepare 2 (28 oz.) of cans tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1.5-2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
Twenty minutes before the hour is up, cook the box of spaghetti noodles as directed on package. Buffalo chicken is a favorite in our household. Combine it with pasta, and you have the ultimate comfort food. Add the carrots, celery and garlic and fry for another couple of minutes, stirring regularly.
Kid-Friendly Meat Sauce for Pasta instructions
- In a large pot (4 quarts minimum), bring 1 Tablespoon oil to medium high heat and brown the ground beef, breaking it into small chunks as it cooks, and seasoning it with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Using a large cooking spoon, move the cooked meat to a bowl or plate and set aside. Remove some or all of the grease from the beef to your liking. (I like to leave about half for flavor.).
- Add 1 Tablespoon oil into the pot, reduce the heat to medium, and sweat the onions and garlic, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent. This should take 4 to 5 minutes..
- Add in the dried herbs, stir them in, and give them a minute to bloom in the oil..
- Add in the rest of the sauce ingredients, including the ground beef, give it 3 or 4 gentle stirs to mix everything together, and simmer with the lid askew (about 1/4-inch opening on one side) for a total of 45 minutes on medium low heat, stirring every 10 minutes or so to redistribute the ingredients and to make sure the sauce isn't burning on the bottom. If you can scrape stuff off the bottom during a long simmer, your heat's too high, and you should adjust down accordingly..
- During the long simmer's a good time to boil and drain your pasta..
- Before the last 10 minutes of simmer is a good time to adjust your seasonings as well..
- Enjoy! :).
Pour in the chopped tomatoes, dried oregano and chopped capers and mix well. Kid-Friendly Meat Sauce for Pasta instructions. Using a large cooking spoon, move the cooked meat to a bowl or plate and set aside. In a large stockpot, set water to boil and follow cooking instructions for your favorite pasta In a medium sauce pan, add olive oil, and brown ground beef. Once browned, add the jar of Brad's Spaghetti sauce.