Instapot rice pudding. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Looking For Instant Pot Recipes? Set the Instant Pot to Sauté and melt the butter. Add the sugar and rice and ensure all is coated with the butter.
In the Instant Pot, combine rice, sugar, salt, and milk. Select Sauté function and bring contents to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. As soon as the mixture comes to a boil, cover and lock lid in place. You can cook Instapot rice pudding using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instapot rice pudding
- You need 1 cup of Basmati rice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 c of water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of heavy whipping cream *divided*.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 3/4 cup of raisins (optional) do not soak them.
- You need 1-1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 3/4-1 cup of sugar: I suggest 3/4 if using raisins in recipe.
Select Manual or Pressure Cook function on the Instant Pot and adjust to low pressure. Strain out most of the water and add rice to a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Add milk, water, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt and stir well. Instant Pot rice pudding is a fuss-free dessert made with ingredients found in most pantries.
Instapot rice pudding step by step
- Put salt, water and rice in your instapot. Cook on low pressure on the rice setting. When done left self depressurize and beging mixing ingredients while waiting..
- Whisk the eggs, vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup of the whipping cream until thoroughly mixed. Set aside..
- Once depressurized open instapot, mix rice to make sure there are no clumps of rice..
- Add remaining 1 1/2 cup of whipping cream, sugar, raisins and cinnamon powder. Mix together..
- Using a screen strainer pour the egg mixture through it into the instapot. It is important to strain it. If you do not you will have chunks of egg in your rice pudding. Throw out any goop left in the strainer..
- Turn on saute setting. You must constantly mix until mixture is boiling. It can stick to bottom of pot and burn. It also has to reach boiling to cook the egg properly..
- Once it reaches a boil remove pot and pour mixture into bowl to cool. It will continue to thicken. When serving add milk your portion to thin to desired consistancy..
- Substitutions: you can use milk or half and half in place of heavy whipping cream. When substituting for the rice you want to use a risotto rice, you can use standard white rice but it won't be starchy enough and the consistancy can be off..
Rice pudding is a comforting dessert that is enjoyed all over the world. Place the rice, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla into the Instant Pot. How to Make Instant Pot Rice Pudding – Step by Step: In pressure cooking pot, combine rice, water, and salt. Mix everything together in the Instant Pot. Press "Manual" once to select high pressure cooking then press a second time to.