Farmhouse Recipe: Duck and Green Onion Hot Pot. Great recipe for Farmhouse Recipe: Duck and Green Onion Hot Pot. Grilled Japanese leeks are so sweet and delicious, so I grill and add them when I make duck nabe. The combination of the grilled leeks with the delicious duck broth is amazing ♪ – The duck is easier to cut when it's half frozen.
Take meat off the duck, chop into bite size pieces, add it to the reheated sauce, and serve the whole lot on a platter. Chili sauce is served alongside, with steamed rice. Notes: I salt the skin and broil them until crispy, chop them up and sprinkle over the platter with chopped green onions. You can cook Farmhouse Recipe: Duck and Green Onion Hot Pot using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Farmhouse Recipe: Duck and Green Onion Hot Pot
- Prepare 400 grams of Duck meat.
- Prepare 4 of Japanese leek.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of Mizuna greens.
- Prepare 4 of Shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of packs Enoki mushrooms.
- It’s of A. ingredients:.
- It’s 1000 ml of Japanese Dashi soup stock.
- It’s 100 ml of Sake.
- It’s 50 ml of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 50 ml of Mirin.
Recipe works fine with breasts too. Season duck with salt and pepper, inside and outside. Cut away and discard any extra fat. Stuff the duck with the ginger and garlic.
Farmhouse Recipe: Duck and Green Onion Hot Pot instructions
- Cut the Japanese leeks into 5 cm pieces, and grill until browned..
- Cut off the hard ends of the enoki and shiitake mushrooms. Cut the mushrooms into bite-size pieces. Cut the mizuna greens into 5 cm pieces. Slice the duck meat diagonally..
- Bring the A. ingredients to a boil, add the duck and vegetables and simmer. Enjoy..
- To finish up the hot pot meal, cook soba in the leftover broth. It's the best!.
OVEN COOKING: Place duck, breast side up in roasting pan with rack. Place duck breast side up on a rack in a big enough wok or pot and steam for an hour adding a little more water, if necessary, as it evaporates. Lift duck with two large spoons, and drain juices and green onion. Add the potatoes and bring to a boil over high heat. Trim and thinly slice green onions on an angle.