Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan. Great recipe for Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan. Hubby loves everything Mexican, and this is his all time favorite Mexican drink along with Mexican hot cocoa that we make from home roasted cacao beans. Anyway, it is sweet but you can adjust the sweetness to your liking.
This lightened-up horchata is dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan. It uses less sugar than traditional recipes while not compromising on the horchata drinking experience. (Anita L. Like, it comes with this whole set of guidelines. You can have Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Uncooked long grain white rice.
- You need 4 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vietnamese Cinnamon (Ideally use Mexican cinnamon but this was all i had at home and worked just fine).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla Bean Paste (or you can use Mexican vanilla).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of White Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 can of Evaporated milk(optional, ommit for vegan /dairy free version, i promise you wont miss it!!!).
The Mexican version is typically made with white rice, blanched almonds, sugar, cinnamon, milk or water, and sometimes lime juice. Authentic vegan horchata recipe with almond milk! This refreshing almond milk horchata version is healthier than its original, dairy-free, and lactose-free. Mexican Horchata, also known as Agua de Horchata, is one of the most popular Mexican drinks ever!
Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan step by step
- soak rice in water and cinnamon overnight..
- the next day pour the rice and soaking water into the blender. I use a Vitamix blender because it pulverizes the rice very well. blend away then add vanilla, sugar and evaporated milk if you're using it and blend again..
- You can strain it through a cheese cloth if you would like but I prefer the slightly thicker consistency from keeping all the rice in the drink. Now let chill in the fridge. Serve over ice with your favorite Mexican dish!!! enjoy!.
Dairy-Free Mexican Horchata that's Cool, Creamy, and Easy This horchata recipe is one that I adapted from Gale Gand. Traditional Mexican horchata is often made with just rice, but in some Central American countries almonds or other nuts are added for a richer, creamier finish. So this is more of a Latin fusion version. Horchata is a popular Mexican drink made from soaking and blending rice, cinnamon and almonds. There are different variations of the drink throughout Mexico and Latin America – some are completely dairy free, some contain milk and some are made with different types of nuts.