Grilled Corn Potato Chowder. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Check Out Corn Chowder on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Place corn on grill rack coated with cooking spray.
Grill both, frequently turning, until browned. Be sure the potatoes are cooked through. Grilled Corn Potato Chowder with grilled corn, potato, and crisp bacon bits. You can cook Grilled Corn Potato Chowder using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Corn Potato Chowder
- You need 1 ounce of oil.
- It’s 3-4 slices of bacon -diced 1/4"(cold bacon dices easier than room temprature)-I love bacon so I use four:).
- You need of Note. If using turkey bacon add 2 ounce oil in place of the one ounce to aid in browning and making the compound roux.
- You need 8 ounces of sweet onion — diced 1/4".
- It’s 1/2 of of red bell pepper –diced 1/4”.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic -chopped.
- It’s 1 of each jalapeno- diced finely.
- It’s 1 pound of potatoes – diced 1/4".
- It’s 32 ounces of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 3 ears of corn, peeled, oiled, seasoned with a little salt, grilled to a light brown color, and striped from the cob.
- Prepare of Note 12 ounces of can corn will work in place of grilled corn.
- Prepare 1 cup of cream or half and half or milk (Milk came out great and cream tasted the best:).
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of cilantro- chopped.
Rich, creamy, and hearty, it's the perfect comfort food! Grilled Corn Potato Chowder Chef Craig TCW T. Williams High School Culinary Arts Program. Place corn on grill rack coated with cooking spray.
Grilled Corn Potato Chowder instructions
- Heat a 5qt.sauce pan with one ounce of oil Brown the diced bacon in a large 5qt.sauce..
- Sauté onion, red bell pepper, garlic and jalapeno until limp with browned bacon (do not get to hot) about 3 minutes.
- Dust w/ flour and stir together. (This is a compound roux).
- Add corn, potatoes,milk and chicken stock to the pot season with salt, pepper, sugar and thyme, and bring to a boil..
- Simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender, (about 15-20 minutes). Adjust seasoning as needed and add the chopped parsley or cilantro..
- Note. If using turkey bacon add 2 ounce oil in place of the oneounce to aid in browning and making the compound roux..
Place potatoes in grill basket coated with cooking spray. Preheat outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Cool slightly and cut kernels from cobs. Heat a grill to medium heat. Allow the corn the cool, then cut the kernels from the corn.