Scotch eggs #my mums recipe. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Method Place the eggs, still in their shells, in a pan of cold salted water. Place over a high heat and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for exactly nine minutes. Scoop out and place in a bowl of iced water, cracking the shells a little (this makes them easier to peel later).
Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen. Squeeze the sausages out of their skins and into a bowl. See our top rated Scotch egg recipes to enjoy with salad, chutneys and other picnic foods. You can cook Scotch eggs #my mums recipe using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Scotch eggs #my mums recipe
- It’s 2 of hardboiled eggs.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 3 of raw sausages.
- Prepare of Spring onion optional.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 of .
A Scotch egg is a whole soft or hard-boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat, coated in bread crumbs and baked or deep-fried. There are a number of different theories about the origins and etymology of Scotch eggs, and no firm conclusion. In a medium bowl, mix together the pork sausage and Worcestershire sauce. Combine the flour, salt and pepper; mix into the sausage.
Scotch eggs #my mums recipe instructions
- Peel the hardboiled eggs. And put them in a bowl.
- Gently make a slit in your sausages with a knife to remove the sausage stuffing.season with Garam masala and add chopped spring onion.mix everything together with a mwiko.
- Put breadcrumbs and flour into two separate plates,break the egg n put it in a separate Plate.
- Take the sausage meat make it into a ball flatten it and put the egg at the centre and wrap it around it your egg to form a round shape.coat it in flour.
- Then dip them in egg.then finally breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry them in hot oil till all the sides are brown.
Divide the sausage into four equal parts. Mold each part around one of the hard-boiled eggs, rolling between your hands to shape. Wrap portions completely around each of the hard boiled eggs, pressing edges together to seal. Dip sausage-coated eggs in beaten egg, then roll in breadcrumbs. The Best Homemade Scotch Eggs, a popular British snack, perfect for a picnic, breakfast, or any occasion.