Butternut squash soup recipe. Discover the Delicious Taste of Well Yes!® Butternut Squash Apple Bisque. Looking for butternut squash soup recipes? Butternut Squash Soup Recipes Savory, sweet and nutritious, butternut squash is versatile and delicious.
Butternut Squash Soup with Cinnamon The golden color, smooth and creamy texture and wonderful taste of this soup make it a welcome addition to a chilly fall day. It has a slightly tangy flavor from the gingerroot, and the sweet cinnamon really comes through. Honeynut squash (butternut also works well), parsnips, leeks, and Granny Smith apples are roasted with fresh thyme and sage, then pureed for the base of this satisfying soup. You can cook Butternut squash soup recipe using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butternut squash soup recipe
- Prepare of Butternut squash cubed.
- It’s of Ginger.
- It’s of Garlic.
- You need of Onions.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- You need of Mint leaves (optional).
Brown butter adds wonderful depth of flavor, and each bowl is finished with crispy fried sage and a trio of seeds (pumpkin, sesame, and poppy). Once the veggies are tender and aromatic, stir in the squash, broth, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the squash is tender. Cut squash into eight large pieces.
Butternut squash soup recipe step by step
- Peel the butternut and cut into cubes. Peel your onion, ginger and garlic.
- Add everything into your cooking pot, add some water and bring to a boil till the butternut is tender.
- Drain off the water when ready but not all since it will be necessary while blending. Add your cooked butternut to a blender and blend till smooth. You can also add some mint leaves while blending.
- Serve in your favourite soup bowl. Oh add a mint leaf for garnish.
Meanwhile, in a large pot over. This recipe is very, very bland. however it is salvagable. For the soup: Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the squash and cook, stirring occasionally, until. Add the stock, bring the liquid to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer.