Chocolate Butter Cookies (Healthier version). Great recipe for Chocolate Butter Cookies (Healthier version). I wanted to make some butter cookies that were on the healthier side. These cookies are softer and chewier compared to a traditional crispier butter cookie.
Let's go over how to make these healthy one-bowl chocolate chip cookies! The first ingredient you'll add to your bowl is melted butter (or melted coconut oil!). I prefer melted butter for two reasons: (a) I don't need to remember to set out the butter to properly soften and (b) melted butter creates more soft and chewy cookies. You can have Chocolate Butter Cookies (Healthier version) using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Butter Cookies (Healthier version)
- It’s of Dry Ingredients.
- You need 113 g of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 80 g of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1-1.5 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s of Other.
- Prepare 45 g of butter (room temperature).
- It’s 1/4 cup of Truvia Brown Sugar Blend.
- Prepare 40 ml of unsweetened apple sauce.
- It’s 1 of large egg (room temperature).
Combine peanut butter, honey salt and coconut oil in a saucepan and heat, stirring continuously, until melted and well-combined. Stir in vanilla and cocoa powder. Add quick-cooking oats and mix well. Add coconut and stir until completely combined.
Chocolate Butter Cookies (Healthier version) instructions
- Combine and sift under the Dry Ingredients.
- Use an electric mixer with a whisk attachment to combine the sugar and butter. Add the sugar bit by bit to combine well. Whisk on high speed to until the butter is fluffy and the sugar is melted through. High speed – 8.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and then mix in the apple sauce.
- Add the egg mixture to the mixing bowl and whisk again until combined thoroughly..
- Change the attachment to the paddle/beater. Use low speed (stir/2). Add the flour mixture into the mixing bowl bit by bit to ensure that the flour is mixed well..
- Place the dough into plastic wrap and make it into a ball..
- Chill the dough for at least 45 mins in the fridge. Better results if you chill it longer..
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking tray..
- Cut out your cookies..
- Bake the cookies around 10-15 mins depending on the oven. My oven time was 12 minutes..
Combine dry ingredients and mix very well. Add wet, and form into a big ball. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt. Then, stir in peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. To a medium mixing bowl, add gluten-free oats, gluten-free flour blend, sea salt, baking powder, and brown sugar and whisk to combine.