Croquettes recipe. Drain well and blot on paper towels. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Spread remaining bread crumbs onto a plate.
They tasted just like my nonna used to make. I will definitely make this recipe again when I have leftover mashed potatoes. The word croquette derives from the French word croquer, meaning 'to crunch' – which gives a good indication of what characteristics a good croquette should have. You can cook Croquettes recipe using 4 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Croquettes recipe
- It’s of milk Salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Prepare of chopped green onion.
- You need of egg yolks, beaten 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour 4 cups mas.
- Prepare of Sifted dried bread crumbs Peanut oil, enough to fill pan 1/2-in.
Croquettes are often cylindrical in shape (though they can also be flat and round) and feature a mushy centre enclosed in a crispy breadcrumb or. To cook the chicken croquette, first, add oil and butter in a large cooking pan. Once the butter melted, add onion and stir for few minutes or till light brown. Later, you add the chicken and parsley and mix it well.
Croquettes recipe step by step
- Add milk, salt, pepper, chopped onion, beaten egg yolks and flour to mashed potatoes. Chill and then shape using an ice cream scoop. Dip in the beaten egg, then roll through bread crumbs. Fry each croquette in shallow oil until brown on all sides..
- Served and enjozi.
Lastly, add milk, flour, salt, and black pepper, and mix it well. Form the mixture into golf ball sized balls, and roll in wheat germ to coat. Form into patties and dust with additional bread crumbs. Then add parsley, salt and pepper to taste, mix well and form into small patties. I followed the recipe exactly, but the croquettes would not hold together and I ended up with a fryer full of and oily conglomerate of bread crumbs and the chicken mixture.