Shawarma. Shawarma (/ ʃ ə ˈ w ɑːr m ə /; Arabic: شاورما ) is a Levantine Arab dish consisting of meat cut into thin slices, stacked in a cone-like shape, and roasted on a slowly-turning vertical rotisserie or spit. Originally made of lamb or mutton, today's shawarma may also be chicken, turkey, beef, or veal. Thin slices are shaved off the cooked surface as it continuously rotates.
Think of shawarma as a Middle Eastern-style taco or burrito. Place the chicken thighs into the mixture and turn to coat. Combine yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, pepper sauce, vinegar, onion, black and cayenne pepper, mace, and salt. You can cook Shawarma using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shawarma
- Prepare 5 pieces of chicken parts.
- It’s 1 of small cucumber.
- Prepare Half of baby cabbage.
- You need of carrots.
- Prepare of Onion.
- It’s of Garlic.
- You need of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Ketchup.
- You need of Mayonnaise.
- You need of Paprika.
- Prepare of Shawarma bread (see previous post for recipe).
Combine the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, and parsley. Marinated and spit-roasted, shawarma is a delicious Middle Eastern meat treat whose origins can be traced back to the Ottoman Empire era, while its name stems from the Arabic pronunciation of the Turkish word çevirme (lit. to turn; turning), and refers to the rotating skewer on which the meat is cooked. Shawarma Sauce: Add garlic to the bowl of a food processor and process until chopped. Add tahini and pulse to combine.
- Set your ingredients..
- Cook ur chicken with onion, garlic n seasoning till tender..
- Mix ur cabbage carrot n onion In a bowl..
- Wash ur cabbage n shred. Grate ur carrots, slice onion and cut ur chicken into small pieces (without d bone).
- Mix ketchup, mayonnaise and little paprika..
- Take one of ur shawarma bread spread d ketchup mix..
- Add cabbage carrot n onion, den add ur chicken den ur cucumber.
- Roll n repeat d procedure till u r done the all d shawarma bread..
- Arrange n toast for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes ur shawarma is done.
With the machine running, slowly add cold water until frothy. Shawarma refers to the Middle Eastern method cooking where thin slices of meat, most traditionally lamb, are stack on a vertical spit and slowly rotate in front of a fire or other heat source. As Chicken Shawarma wraps (like Gyros and Doner kebabs) – with tomato, lettuce, and a simple yoghurt sauce on the side. Other optional extras include: red onion, cheese (query authenticity? But that's ok!!), hummus, hot sauce / chilli sauce.