Pasta Pie (Makaronopita). Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Food you never knew you wanted.
In a bowl add the pasta, the thyme, the eggs, the heavy cream, the feta cheese crumbled with your hands, the gruyere, pepper, and mix well. In a large pot heat the olive oil and add the onions, carrot and garlic. Cook for a few mins and add the minced. You can cook Pasta Pie (Makaronopita) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta Pie (Makaronopita)
- It’s 1 package of Pasta.
- It’s 250 grams of Yogurt (if you can find Greek Yogurt it works better).
- It’s 2 of Red bell Peppers (pepper of your chose chopped in cubes).
- You need 1 package of Phyllo dough.
- It’s 2 of Carrots (chopped in cubes).
- Prepare 2 of small onions diced.
- It’s 3 of medium size eggs.
- You need 2 of Zucchinis (chopped into cubes).
- It’s 250 grams of cheese (preferably salted).
- You need of Tomato sauce (homemade or store bought).
- You need of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
In a large bowl add in the Pasta and the Yogurt mix until nicely blended. Add the cheese, vegetables, and tomato sauce, eggs and mix. Add the cheese, vegetables, and tomato sauce, eggs and mix. When ready, remove from oven and allow pasta pie to cool before serving.
Pasta Pie (Makaronopita) instructions
- In a large frying pan saute the vegetables with Olive Oil. Saute until the vegetables are soft about 10 minutes on low heat. Once that is done add salt and set aside to add into the pasta later..
- I used small pasta for this recipe..
- Boil Pasta in salted water..
- In a large bowl add in the Pasta and the Yogurt mix until nicely blended. Add the cheese, vegetables, and tomato sauce, eggs and mix..
- Oil brush the baking pan and place 5 pieces of Phyllo dough, oil brush the top phyllo dough Continue by placing another 5 pieces of dough and oil brush..
- Add in the Pasta mix..
- Continue by placing and folding inwards the rest of the 5 pieces of Phyllo dough and oil brush. (You can use as many pieces of dough as you like).
- Oil brush the top piece, and beat 1 egg and brush so that you can get a crispy taste. Slant slice with a knife from top to bottom. Pre-heat oven 180 degrees and bake for 1 hr. 🙂 Kali Orexi!!! 🙂.
Rate this recipe You need to login. Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person's weight, sex and physical activity level. Makaronopita – Greek Spaghetti Pie – How to make Greek macaroni pita. Pasta Pie (Makaronopita) Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page.