Chocolate Snowball Cookies. Add the egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
This is a delicious holiday classic cookie that you need to put on your baking list! I don't know about you guys but snowball cookies are a holiday must for me! Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over simmering water. You can cook Chocolate Snowball Cookies using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Snowball Cookies
- It’s 1 cup of softened butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dark cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 2 1/4 cup of AP flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of mini chocolate chips.
Set aside and cool to room temperature. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. A big hit at my cookie exchange. Pretty with a chocolate shortbread flavor–rich but not too sweet.
Chocolate Snowball Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven 375.
- Cream together butter, sugar, cocoa and vanilla.
- Add flour and salt, mix thoroughly.
- Mix in chips.
- Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Scoop with a teaspoon.
- Roll dough into balls before placing on baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on pan before moving to a wire rack.
- Once cookies are cooled, roll each in powdered sugar.
I just dusted them with powdered sugar instead of rolling them–it was easier and just as attractive I think. Don't know why dough has to be refrigerated first–I skipped this step with one batch and the turned out just fine. Chocolate Snowball Cookies are a twist on Russian tea cakes and a great cookie recipe to add to your holiday baking list! Rich, chocolate cookies coated in powdered sugar are perfect for all the chocolate lovers in your life. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.