Beef Roast. Roast beef doesn't refer to just one cut of beef. Eye of round, bottom round roast, top round roast, top sirloin roast, and bone-in rib roast are all common. Whichever cut you choose, quality counts.
Pick from our chefs' most popular roast beef recipes and make a weeknight supper special. Chuck roast is cut from the cow's shoulder. It is a heavily exercised muscle, which gives the beef good flavor but it also makes it tough. You can cook Beef Roast using 17 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Roast
- You need 1 of Big Red onion finely sliced.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of Beef chuck roast cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 4-5 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced ginger.
- It’s 10-12 of Shallots skinned and cut into halves.
- It’s 3-4 of slit green chilly.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Kashmiri red chilly/Paprika.
- It’s 2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of fresh ground Garam Masala(Indian spice mix).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ground Black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Salt(as per taste).
- You need 1 of stem Curry leaves.
- You need of Chopped Cilantro for garnish.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of Coconut oil.
Place roast in roasting pan fitted with a roasting rack. Find beef roast recipes for your special dinner. Learn how to make a tender roast beef in the oven and how to cook melt in the mouth roast beef, too. Slice, and top with onions and gravy.
Beef Roast step by step
- Wash and clean the beef pieces thoroughly..
- Pressure cook the beef in IP along with 1 tsp each chilly powder,salt,turmeric and black pepper and 1 cup water in Instant Pot for 20 mins and allow natural steam release.(Chuck beef is tender and will cook in less time compared to flank, and other cuts of beef).
- Turn the steam handle of the IP lid to venting and transfer the beef to a different container(reserve the stock for later use).
- Set the IP on sauté mode(continue using the same innerpot)and add some coconut oil, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Let the mustard seeds splutter..
- Now add in minced ginger and garlic and stir for few minutes until the raw smell leaves..
- Now add the red onion slices along with turmeric and salt and sauté until onions are soft..
- Add in the shallots and green chilly and stir for few mintutes to get them lightly transparent.
- Now add all the spice powders- red chilly,black pepper,coriander powder,cumin powder and 1 tsp garam masala(reserve some for the end).
- Stir the spices well into the sauted onions and a 1/2 cup of the reserved beef stock..
- Cover IP with a glass lid and cook for 2 minutes so that the masala is well cooked and oil starts separating..
- Now add in the cooked beef pieces..
- Combine the beef and masala well on the sauté mode(less-medium)..
- Check the salt,if needed add more oil and cook for 10 mintutes covered with lid and another 10 mnts uncovered. Stir in between..
- Once the beef is dry and oil separates, mix some garam masala powder, add remaining curry leaves..
- Set the IP on keep warm setting/ serve hot garnished with chopped cilantro..
- Tip#2.Once the beef is getting dry, you can transfer it into a large nonstick pan and allow slow browning to have more control👍😊.
- Tip#1.The drier you want your beef mixture, the longer you have to leave the dish on sauté mode but keep stiring in between(you dont want the masala to burn or stick to the bottom of the pot!).
Stand the roast in a pan, and season it generously with salt and pepper to taste. Slow-Cooked Coffee Beef Roast Day-old coffee is the key to this flavorful beef roast that simmers in the slow cooker until it's fall-apart tender. Adjust accordingly for your preferred level of doneness. You should use a meat thermometer to determine when the roast is done. Roast beef is, as you'd expect, any beef that has been roasted.