Aunt Indra's Goan Pepper Beef Roast. Aunt Indra's Goan Pepper Beef Roast The Culinary Trail Bangalore The Goan Pepper Beef Roast can be enjoyed as a wonderful light lunch or dinner served along with some tasty mashed potatoes and breads. You could also serve this up as a starter or appetizer or snack along with fries or just as it is. How to cook Aunt Indra'S Goan Pepper Beef Roast.
Roast and chili fries are enjoyed throughout the year irrespective of an occasion or not. Packed with the delicious flavors of freshly milled pepper and ground mustard, this dish is yummylicious. Garlic Stuffed Beef Roast A Sprinkling of Cayenne. You can have Aunt Indra's Goan Pepper Beef Roast using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Aunt Indra's Goan Pepper Beef Roast
- You need of Main Ingredients.
- You need 1 kg of Beef, cut into large cubes.
- You need 5-6 of Cloves.
- Prepare 3-4 of Dry red chilies, split into two.
- Prepare of Ingredients For Marination.
- It’s 2-2.5 tablespoons of Ginger & garlic paste (add less if you find the flavor too overpowering).
- You need 2-2.5 teaspoons of Ground mustard (add less if you find the flavor too overpowering).
- It’s 1-1.5 teaspoons of Freshly milled black pepper.
- Prepare 1-1.5 tablespoons of Vinegar (I used regular white vinegar).
- It’s to taste of Salt,.
Roast meat is an all time Goan favorite. This is a super moist, perfectly seasoned, traditional Goan tender roast beef recipe. Roast meat can be enjoyed with cooked potatoes, french fries, along with a salad or as a sandwich. Beef chilly fry can also be prepared using this roast meat.
Aunt Indra's Goan Pepper Beef Roast instructions
- In a large bowl, add the beef and the ingredients listed under "Ingredients For Marination". Mix well with hands and leave aside for 30 minutes to 1 hour. (You could also avoid the resting period and proceed to the cooking directly after marination.).
- Add the marinated beef cubes into a pressure cooker and cook the meat till cooked completely. Please note that the meat needs to be cooked well but shouldn't break down into smaller pieces and be too soft; instead it should hold shape..
- If there is excess gravy after the meat has been cooked, reduce the gravy till you have 1/2 cup of thick gravy..
- Separate the cooked beef pieces from the gravy and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a large pan and add cloves and chilies into it. Fry till a nice aroma comes through..
- Now add the cooked beef pieces and on medium to low heat, roast the beef till it is well roasted and the meat has turned a lovely black color..
- At this time, add the reserved gravy into the beef and continue to roast on medium to low heat till the gravy has dried up, the beef is beautifully roasted (it should have a nice blackish roasted color) and has a lovely sheen after the pan roasting process..
- Serve hot with freshly prepared mashed potatoes and bread. (refer notes).
- You could also add one large onion (finely sliced) while frying the beef. I did not..
- Serving Suggestions:.
- Serve the beef roast along with mashed potatoes and bread..
- Serve as a starter or appetizer..
- Serve along with fries..
- Slice the roasted beef into smaller pieces and add into sandwiches..
Garlic Stuffed Beef Roast A Sprinkling of Cayenne. There's only a small amount of butter, but the way it blends with the beef broth and barbeque sauce, the effect is amplified. Whisk the lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Place the sliced steak in a large bowl; pour the lemon juice mixture over the steak and toss to coat. Smoked Beef Roast, Traeger Smoked Beef Roast, Smoked Beef Roast.