Salisbury Steak. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Award-winning Meat As Chosen By Michelin-Star Chefs, Delivered To Your Door.
Method For the meat mixture: Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and some salt and pepper. Hamburger salisbury steak with gravy is a classic dinner that is inexpensive and so easy to make. Salisbury Steak is actually a version of Hamburger Steak (technically Hamburg Steak as the German's would say). You can cook Salisbury Steak using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak
- It’s of Salisbury steak.
- Prepare 1/2 of kilo Ground beef.
- It’s 1 pc of Beef cube.
- It’s 6 tbsp of Bread crumbs.
- You need 2 tbsp of mustard powder (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Tomato ketchup.
- It’s 2 tbsps of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsps of Olive Oil.
- You need of Gravy.
- Prepare 1 pc of Beef cube.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Tomato ketchup.
- You need 1 pc of Onion (sliced).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 cups of Water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Corn starch (dissolved in water).
Although Salisbury Steak differs from Hamburger Steak in that it allows for other filling and flavorful ingredients (very similar to meatloaf) whereas Hamburger Steak is just meat and seasonings. Salisbury steak involves making seasoned beef patties using mince / ground beef, then making a mushroom gravy. In my recipe, there's just two little things I do differently to the usual Salisbury Steak recipe that takes these up a notch: How to Make Salisbury Steak Start by mixing together the patty mixture, then shaping the patties and searing them in a skillet. Next, cook the mushrooms and onions, and add a simple sauce of tomato paste, mustard, and beef broth.
Salisbury Steak instructions
- Combine all steak ingredients except for the oil and butter..
- Freeze the beef cube and grate it into the mixture. Mix everything together..
- Scoop 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a ball. Flatten it and place in a clean plate..
- Melt butter in a pan and add olive oil. Pan fry each side for 4 mins. Set aside..
- Prepare the gravy by putting the oil used to cook with the burger patty into a sauce pan..
- Sauté the onion until soft. Add ketchup, Worchestershire sauce and water. Let it boil..
- Add the beef cube. Stir and continue to cook for 2 mins..
- Add the dissolved corn starch in water. Stir until gravy thickens..
- Pour the gravy onto the salisbury steak..
Nestle the patties back into the skillet and let everything simmer until the patties are cooked through. Salisbury Steaks are simple to make, relatively inexpensive, and loaded with flavor. It usually consists of a homemade hamburger patty smothered in a rich gravy. The consistency is more like a meatball than a hamburger though thanks to my secret ingredient! (more on that below) And in my humble opinion, it's always the best when homemade! This American physician spent his career promoting a meat-centered diet and thus, the Salisbury steak was born.