Matar pulao recipe | peas pulao recipe. Do not diet, do not exercise, quickly burn and eliminate belly fat What is Peas Pulao. Also known as Matar Pulao (matar is the Hindi word for peas), this simple peas pulao is perfect for creating a comforting and healthy veggie side or main dish. A pulao, known as pilaf, is typically made with rice and loaded with fresh or frozen vegetables.
Peas Pulao is a classic Indian rice pilaf made with basmati rice, whole spices, herbs and of course green peas as they are the star of this dish. 'Matar' is the Hindi word for 'green peas' and pulao is a word for pilaf. So this is more commonly known as matar pulao. Peas Pulao or Matar Pulao is a quick, filling, one-pot, flavorful rice dish that is nutritious as well as takes care of your carb cravings. You can cook Matar pulao recipe | peas pulao recipe using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Matar pulao recipe | peas pulao recipe
- Prepare of Ghee.
- It’s of cumin seeds / jeera.
- Prepare of cloves/ lavang.
- It’s of bay leaf / tej patta.
- It’s of cinnamon stick / dalchini.
- It’s of star anise / chakr phool.
- You need of black pepper / kali mirch.
- Prepare of medium sized onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare of small green chili, slit lenthwise.
- Prepare of cardamom / elachi.
- It’s of ginger garlic paste.
- You need of basmati rice, soaked 30 minutes.
- It’s of peas / matar, fresh / frozen.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of water.
Matar pulao is a peas flavored special rice recipe made aromatic by cooking rice in whole spices and peas. This is a simple North Indian style or Punjabi style of making vegetable rice recipe where the main ingredient is green peas and basmati rice. Usually in India, rice is flavored with may veggies such as carrots, aloo, matar, beans and many more. matar pulao recipe green peas pulao recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. basically a white pulao recipe prepared with only matar or peas and whole spices. while some prefer to cook matar pulao with puree of pudina and coriander. however i like to keep matar pulao simple and do not mix it with pudina pulao or coriander pulao.
Matar pulao recipe | peas pulao recipe step by step
- Firstly, in a cooker heat ghee and add cumin seeds..
- Further add cloves, bay leaf, star anise, cinnamon stick, black pepper and cardamom. saute till they turn aromatic..
- Furthermore, saute onions till they turn translucent..
- Also saute green chili and ginger-garlic paste..
- Additionally add green peas and saute well. either add fresh or frozen peas..
- Further add basmati rice soaked for at least 30 minutes and saute gently..
- Now add 1.5 cups of water. always add 1.5 cups of water to 1 cup of basmati rice..
- Additionally add salt to taste and mix well..
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.
- Once the pressure releases from the cooker, gently fluff..
- Finally, serve peas pulao or mattar pulao with raita or with paneer curries..
- Pl see the recipe video on youtube #safina kitchen #safinakitchen https://www.youtube.com/c/safinakitchen?sub_confirmation =1.
It's been a wonderful experience to make aromatic peas pulao. Here is a step by step video recipe that you can easily cook at home kitchen. So if you are a beginner and looking how to make 'peas pulao recipe' then watch this quick tutorial. You can find the recipe card down below this post. To make matar pulao in an Instant Pot, don't soak the rice.