Cajun Crawfish Ravioli. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders. Get Your Sporting Gear Updated Now! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
Begin by preheating oven to appropriate temperature marked on breaded ravioli package (Or, if you are using fresh ravioli, bring salted water to a boil in pasta or soup pot). In a heavy bottom saucepan, melt butter/margarine over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper. You can have Cajun Crawfish Ravioli using 29 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cajun Crawfish Ravioli
- You need 1 of Dough:.
- It’s 1 lb of all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting).
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of EVOO.
- Prepare 2 pinch of Kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Semolina (for dusting the baking sheet).
- You need 1 of Filling:.
- Prepare 1 cup of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1 of ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Prepare 1 of ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of pre-cooked crawfish tails.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cajun seasoning (Tony’s).
- It’s 3 dash of Onion Powder, Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 of Sauce:.
- You need 1 of EVOO for drizzling.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, smashed.
- You need 1 of ½ cup roughly chopped shrimp.
- It’s 1 cup of pre-cooked crawfish tails.
- You need 1 cup of red bell pepper.
- You need 1 cup of chopped onions.
- You need 1 cup of green bell pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1 of ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for.
- It’s 1 of ¼ cup chopped fresh chives (green onions).
- It’s 2 tsp of Cajun seasoning (Tony’s).
- It’s 1 of *If you want to add spice, use ½ tsp of jalapeno.
- You need 1 of Tools:.
- Prepare 1 of Pasta Maker or Rolling Pin and Ravioli cutters.
Here is how you achieve it. Mound the flour on a large cutting board and make a wide well in the middle. Add the eggs and olive oil and season. My very good friend, Sean taught me this recipe and showed me how to make pasta!
Cajun Crawfish Ravioli step by step
- Make the dough. Mound the flour on a large cutting board and make a wide well in the middle. Add the eggs and olive oil and season with salt. Beat the eggs with a fork, then use the fork to break the wall of the well and incorporate the flour into the eggs. Gather the dough into a ball; don't worry if there are lumps..
- Knead the dough. Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away from you, then fold it back over itself and push again (put your whole body into it!). Continue kneading until the dough is smooth and supple, 10 to 15 minutes. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let rest at least 1 hour at room temperature..
- Mix all filling ingredients in a bowl using a hand blender or food processor. Cover bowl and refrigerate until we need it later..
- Make the sauce. Drizzle olive oil into a large deep pan. Saute garlic . Add bell peppers, onions and cook down. Add the seasonings and powders and set aside once veggies are soft. You’ll add the shrimp, crawfish , cream and chives when raviolis are ready to be served..
- Roll out the dough. Cut the dough into four pieces. Flatten one piece slightly, then run it through the widest setting on a pasta roller twice, dusting with flour in between if it feels sticky. Fold the length of dough into thirds and run it through the roller two to three more times. Continue running the dough through the roller, reducing the width setting between each run, until you reach the second-to-last setting and the dough is about 1/16 inch thick. Repeat with the remaining pieces of dough. Assemble the ravioli. Place the lengths of dough on a floured surface. Lightly brush the lower half of each strip (the part closest to you) with water. Spoon filling onto pasta and fold the dough over the filling to meet the bottom edge. Press around each ball of filling with your index fingers, making sure there are no air bubbles. Cut out the ravioli using a 2-to-3-inch round fluted cutter. Transfer to a baking sheet dusted with semolina..
- Cook the ravioli. Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil; add the ravioli and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer with a skimmer or slotted spoon to resting plate..
- Bring the sauce to a boil and add shrimp and crawfish and cream. Cook 4-6 minutes until shrimp is cooked and sauce has thickened..
- Assemble raviolis on a large pasta plate and pour sauce over pasta. Garnish with cheese and chives.
Then at Christmas, he got me my very own pasta maker that I LOVE! Now Im teaching others this ridiculously good recipe! Because Im from the south and we love our crawdads! My very good friend, Sean taught me this recipe and showed me how to make pasta! Then at Christmas, he got me my very own pasta maker that I LOVE!