Basic butter cookies (Cut-Out Cookies, Stamped Cookies). Take the cookies out from the freezer and put them on a baking tray. Frost and decorate cooled cookies as desired. Using a floured spatula, transfer cookies to greased baking sheets.
Preheat your oven to the cookie dough's direction. Remove your cookie dough from the fridge and place it between two sheets of parchment paper. Lightly flour the dough to prevent it from sticking to the parchment paper. You can cook Basic butter cookies (Cut-Out Cookies, Stamped Cookies) using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Basic butter cookies (Cut-Out Cookies, Stamped Cookies)
- It’s 100 g (3.5 oz) of unsalted butter.
- It’s 75 g of (8.5 Tbsp, 2.6 oz) powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 165 g of (1 and 1/3 cups, 5.8 oz) cake flour.
- It’s 30 g (1 oz) of almond flour.
- It’s 5 drops of vanilla oil.
- Prepare of ※1cup=235cc(USA).
Then, roll out your dough until it's a ¼-inch in thickness. Prepare for a sweet scare when these adorable Halloween ghost cookies are all iced, decorated, and ready to party. Super easy and kid-friendly to make, these butter cut-out cookies coated with royal icing are the perfect dessert for your Halloween spread. Candy eyeballs add a playful, whimsical touch to these spooky treats, but you could also use black icing to draw eyes.
Basic butter cookies (Cut-Out Cookies, Stamped Cookies) step by step
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/MPgtAhjuut0.
- Sift powdered sugar; set aside. Sift cake flour twice; set aside. Cream unsalted butter until soft..
- Add the powdered sugar in 3 parts. Mix each time until combined. Mix it with a hand mixer on low speed until it becomes white and fluffy..
- Scrape the batter on the inner side of the bowl and mix it..
- Add egg yolk. Mix it with a hand mixer on low speed until combined. Scrape the batter on the inner side of the bowl and mix it..
- Take the batter adhering to the hand mixer and place it in the bowl. Add vanilla oil and mix it until combined..
- Add almond flour. Mix it until combined while crushing lumps..
- Add all the flour. Mix it while cutting it, scooping sometimes. Mix it until the large lumps form. It's okay the dough seems to be powdery at this stage..
- Take the dough out from the bowl. Press lightly to flatten, cut in half and stack one on top of the other..
- Repeat it until powderiness disappears or smooth. (about 12times) When it becomes smooth, the dough won't stick to your hand..
- Shape it square and cut in half. Wrap each with plastic wrap. You can bake cookies for one baking tray with half of the dough. Let it sit in a fridge overnight..
- Next day, take the dough out of the fridge, leave it for 15-20 mins. Press it to soften. Roll it out into 5mm (0.2'') thick while coating it lightly with bread flour..
- Cut it with cookie cutters and press cookie stamp onto it. Take off each cookie gently not to lose it's shape and put them on a tray. It's easy to take off if you touch it through plastic wrap..
- Re-roll the dough scraps and cut again. Place the cookies in the freezer for 1 hour to keep the trace of the stamp..
- Preheat an oven to 190℃ / 374 F. Take the cookies out from the freezer and put them on a baking tray. Bake it at 170℃ / 338 F for 15-17 mins. (cookie size 4.5 cm / 1.8 inch→Bake for 15mins, cookie size 6 cm / 2.4 inch→Bake for 16-17mins).
- Cool them down well. Freshly baked cookies are soft but become crisp when cooled. If you put them in a closed container, they will keep crispy texture for about 3 days..
First, ensure the butter is room temperature when you start making the cookie dough. A soft butter can cause the cookies to melt when baking. Secondly, bake at the right temperature, a low oven can cause the butter to melt and also spread the cookies. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, Basic Cookie Stamp Preparation & Helpful Hints.