Sausage gravy. Buy The Finest Of German Delicacies With Uk's Leading Hot Dog & Sausage Supplier. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove sausage, drain and set aside.
Put the onions into a roasting tray and drizzle with the vinegar and seasoning. It's best served over fresh, hot biscuits. It makes a real "sticks to the ribs" dish that we always enjoy and carries a traditional flavor that can showcase locally produced sausage. You can have Sausage gravy using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage gravy
- You need 2 pounds of mild, spicy or maple ground sausage or use 👇.
- It’s 2 of a combination of mild and spicy or maple and spicy or mild.
- You need 1/2 cup of regular all purpose flour.
- Prepare 6 cups of whole milk.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of real butter or bacon grease or do👇.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of butter and 3 Tablespoons bacon grease.
- You need To taste of salt and pepper I add a good amount.
- Prepare of Baked buttermilk biscuits.
Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Add thyme, then gradually add stock. Add Worcestershire sauce, season and serve with sausages. Add milk and bring mixture to a boil.
Sausage gravy step by step
- In a large skillet with high sides over med high heat brown and crumble sausage and DO NOT DRAIN.
- Then mix in butter or bacon grease and coat with flour.
- Add in milk bringing to a boil whisking till thickened then lower heat if you like add a little more milk and continue to cook and wisk till desired thickness and add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Served over baked buttermilk biscuits and enjoy.
Can I make sausage gravy and biscuits ahead of time? Yes – you can make the gravy ahead of time. To reheat, place in a saute pan and warm over medium heat. Add in a little extra milk to thin if needed. Biscuits, in my opinion, on the other hand are better fresh!