Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topper. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Looking For Chicken Pie Recipes? We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Place chicken, whole onion halved and bay leaves in a large pot and cover with cold water.
Fluffy, golden-brown biscuits on top make this a perfect comfort food dish. Lay your biscuits all over the top, touching if you have room. If you run out of room but still have edges you need to fill in, cut your biscuits into half moons and just tuck them in. You can cook Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topper using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topper
- Prepare 2 T of Butter.
- You need 1 C of Thinly Sliced Celery.
- It’s 1 C of Sliced Carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 C of Chopped Onion.
- Prepare 1 Lb of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves, cut into 3/4" pieces.
- You need 2 T of Gluten-Free Flour.
- You need 1/2 t of Dried Thyme, crushed.
- Prepare 1/4 t of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 t of Pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 C of Almond Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 C of Frozen Peas.
- Prepare 1 C of Gluten-Free Flour.
- It’s 1/4 t of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 C of Butter.
- You need 1/2 C of Almond Milk.
Simmer, covered, until chicken is tender. Tear chicken into bite-sized pieces; set aside. For the filling, heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy pot on medium heat. This biscuit topped chicken pot pie packs double the comfort and it's super simple to make.
Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topper instructions
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a 2-Q square or rectangular baking dish with olive oil..
- In a large skillet, melt 2 T butter over medium heat. Add the next three ingredients; cook 8 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add chicken; cool 5 minutes or just until browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in the next four ingredients; gradually stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in peas; cook and stir 1 minute more. Cover and keep warm..
- For biscuit topper, in a medium bowl stir together the next three ingredients. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/4 C butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add 1/2 C almond milk all at once; Stir just until moistened..
- Transfer chicken mixture to prepared baking dish. Crumble biscuit topper on top of chicken mixture. Bake 20 minutes or until filling is bubbly and biscuits are golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving..
This pot pie recipe begins on the stovetop and is finished in the oven to bake the biscuits on top. Drop biscuits are the simplest of biscuits to make and using an ice cream scoop keeps them uniform in size for even baking. Weave strips over filling; coat with cooking spray. This easy homemade pot pie combines cooked chicken, peas, carrots, and onion in a creamy chicken sauce. Top with spoonfuls of drop biscuit dough, or use pre-made refrigerated biscuits.