Pot roast with balsamic and mustard. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Daily Sales You Don't Want to Miss.
Combine the mustard, vinegar, and salt in a small bowl. Spread the mixture on the filet and brush it evenly over the top and sides. Sprinkle the cracked pepper evenly all over the meat. You can have Pot roast with balsamic and mustard using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pot roast with balsamic and mustard
- It’s 1-1.75 of to 2 kg beef blade roast.
- You need 3 of large carrots, chopped into 2 cm pieces.
- You need 3 of celery sticks, roughly chopped.
- You need 2 of large onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of high quality balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 4 cups of beef stock.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grainy mustard.
- You need 3 of large waxy potatoes, peeled and n cut into 8 chunks.
Set roast on top of onions in pot. Add carrots and potatoes to pot and return to oven. Mix brown sugar, salt, mustard, and black pepper together in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly over the roast. Arrange potatoes, carrots, and onion in the Dutch oven around the roast.
Pot roast with balsamic and mustard instructions
- Preheat your oven to 300 F. Add a few tbsp veg oil to a large ovenproof pot or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Season the beef liberally with salt and pepper, and sear it in the pot until browned on all sides. Remove the meat..
- Add the carrots and celery to the pot. Let fry for 3 to 4 minutes until they take on a bit of colour, then remove them to a plate..
- Add the onions to the pot. If needed, refresh the veg oil with a small splash. Fry the onions until soft and caramelized, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and balsamic. If using regular store-bought balsamic, double the amount and let it reduce for a few minutes..
- Return the meat to the pot. Sprinkle the veg around the meat. Pour in enough stock to cover the meat halfway, and add the mustard. Put on the lid, and roast in the oven for 2 1/2 hours..
- Pull out the pot and carefully turn the meat over. Put the lid back on and return it to the oven for 1 hour..
- Pull the pot out again and add the potatoes. Put it back in the oven and let roast a final 1 1/2 hours..
- Transfer the pot from the oven to the stove, on medium-high heat. Remove the meat to a platter and tent it with foil. Remove the veg, careful not to break up the potatoes. Let the sauce simmer and reduce by about half. If your meat had enough fat and connective tissue, it should be pretty thick already. If not, whisk in a slurry of water and a bit of cornstarch. Check the seasoning and add extra salt and pepper to taste..
Pour vinegar and water over the vegetables. Dry meat with paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper all over. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Balsamic vinegar and rosemary give this pot roast a great flavor.