Sunday Pot Roast. Using paper towels, pat the roast dry to help get a great crust on the meat. Sprinkle the roast generously with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven over medium.
Transfer roast and vegetables to a serving platter; tent with foil. Pour cooking juices into a small saucepan. Classic Sunday Pot Roast is an easy to make comfort food that is hearty, filling, and can easily feed the whole family. You can have Sunday Pot Roast using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sunday Pot Roast
- Prepare of (4) Pound Chuck Roast.
- You need of (2) Tbsp Oil.
- You need of (2) Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- It’s of (1) Cup Water.
- You need of (1) PKG Dry Onion Soup Mix.
- You need of (1/2) Tsp Salt.
- Prepare of (1) Tsp Pepper.
- You need of (1) Tsp Garlic Powder.
- It’s of (6) Potatoes, peeled and quartered.
- Prepare of (1) Onion, quartered.
- It’s of (8) Carrots, peeled and quartered.
This recipe will work for a classic oven braise as well as in a slow cooker or Instant Pot. Put the roast back into the pot, bring to a boil, and cover. Add the potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, beef broth, Worcestershire, and thyme to the pot. Classic Sunday Pot Roast is an easy to make comfort food that is hearty, filling, and can easily feed the whole family.
Sunday Pot Roast step by step
- Pre heat Crock Pot, Low..
- Add 2 Tbsp Oil to fry pan..
- Coat Chuck Roast with the salt pepper and onion powder..
- Brown the Roast on all sides..
- Add the 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, water and onion soup dry mix to the crock pot. Mix well..
- Add the Chuck Roast. Add the potatoes, carrots and onion..
- Cover and slow cook 8-9 hours..
This recipe will work for a classic o. Place vegetables on bottom of a shallow roasting pan. Place roast on top of vegetables, fat side up. Also Known As Bottom Round Oven Roast; Bottom Round Pot Roast; Bottom Round Rump Roast; Round Roast. Great value roast and very lean.