Nargisi Kofta Recipe. Immerse immediately in cold water and then peel. Halve the koftas lengthwise and sprinkle with chaat masala and cilantro. Nargisi Kofta remains missing from restaurant menus.
In a large skillet boil of the meat and in the meantime grind all the masalas together. Now mix the boiled meat, raw meat, brown onions and masalas by hand and process in a chopper. Add one raw egg and mix by hand. You can have Nargisi Kofta Recipe using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nargisi Kofta Recipe
- Prepare of FOR KOFTA – Grated paneer -.
- You need of Boiled potatoes/ aloo – 1 and 1/2 cups.
- It’s of Bread -.
- It’s of Salt/ namak.
- It’s of Turmeric/ haldi -.
- You need of FOR GRAVY – Malai/ cream -.
- Prepare of Tomato/tamaatar -.
- It’s of Makhana -.
- You need of Green chili/ hari mirch :.
- Prepare of Curd/ dahi -.
- You need of Kaju paste -.
- It’s of Whole garm masala -.
- It’s of Ginger/ adarak, garlic/lehsun paste -.
- You need of Cumin seeds/ jeera -.
- It’s of Turmeric, red chili, coriander,garam masala and salt as par tast.
- Prepare of Oil/ tel – 3 tablespoons for gravy and remaining for deep frying.
- It’s of Chopped coriander leaves/ dhaniya patta for garnishing the curry.
Grease your hand, take a bit of the meat mixture and spread on your hand. Nargisi Kofta Recipe: Nargisi kofta—delicate and sophisticated, mouth-watering and flavoursome—is a Mughlai dish popular not only across India but also in Pakistan. The origins of nargisi kofta are unclear, with Lucknow (as the home of Awadhi cuisine) and Hyderabad (with its own proud food culture and culinary history) laying claims to it. Grind the ginger and garlic to a paste.
Nargisi Kofta Recipe instructions
- Cut brown edges of the bread and take a mixing bowl. Add bread, paneer, mashed potatoes and salt to make a dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts. Take 1 part and add turmeric and mix well. Now, this part needs to be sub divided into 8 equal parts. Make 8 oval shaped balls from it. This part will be yellow in color..
- Take another part and divide it into 8 small parts. This part is white in color. Spread 1 white part on hand put yellow oval shape ball in center and cover it with white part. Likewise, make all koftas ready for frying..
- Heat enough oil on medium flame and fry the koftas till it gets golden brown color. Set them aside and let's prepare the gravy for curry..
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and add chopped tomatoes, green chillies and makhana. Saute till the tomatoes turn soft. Switch off the flame. Once cooled, grind it to a puree..
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan, add jeera and whole garam masala and saute for 2 minutes on low flame..
- Now add ginger and garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes on low flame. Add kaju paste and saute again for 5 minutes..
- Add tomato puree, red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric. Saute until the oil gets separated from spices on medium flame..
- Add beaten curd and malai and stir the curry continuously until gravy starts boiling. Now add enough water and add remaining spices and salt..
- Cook for 7-8 minutes on medium flame. Switch off the gas and add fried koftas and chopped coriander in the gravy..
- Delicious nargisi kofta recipe is ready to be served with hot phulkas/ rice!.
Nargisi Kofta is an another rich exotic mughlai recipe, a combination dish of mutton keema and boiled eggs. Marinated mutton keema wrapped on hard boil eggs and braised into spicy rich yogurt gravy is called Nargisi Kofta curry. It can be served with pulao, biryani or roti/parathas. It is good for parties or weekend dinner or lunch. Nargisi kofta is a rich and impressive dish from the Mughlai cuisine, made by wrapping hard boiled eggs in a minced lamb mixture, deep-fried and simmered in a delicious tomato-almond curry.