Sunday Pot Roast (Dutch Oven). Wide Range of Dutch Oven & Casserole Pots. Great discounts and savings on top home brands. Place the roast back into the pot and add enough beef broth to cover the meat halfway.
While meat is searing mix the soup, wine, worcestershire, soy, and gravy master in a bowl. A "pot roast" is a braised beef dish that's made by searing a big, tough cut of beef (usually an inexpensive roast) and then slowly cooking the beef in a covered dish called a Dutch oven. In America, this dish is often called a "Yankee Pot Roast," and is served with carrots and potatoes or other vegetables. You can cook Sunday Pot Roast (Dutch Oven) using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sunday Pot Roast (Dutch Oven)
- It’s 1 of 4- 5 lb chuck roast or 2 2 1/2 pound roasts.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves and 2 rosemary sprigs.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 3-4 of carrots right cut.
- It’s 3-4 of potatoes peeled and quartered.
- Prepare of Sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of good red wine.
- You need 2-3 of table spoons Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef broth.
- You need 2 of gloves garlic minced.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup or fresh cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1/3 of low sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos.
- Prepare 1 lb of Egg noodles.
Place the roast back into the pot and add enough beef broth to cover the meat halfway. Add in the onions and the carrots, green beans, potatoes as well as the herbs. The roast is ready when it's fall-apart tender. Heat oil in dutch oven over medium heat.
Sunday Pot Roast (Dutch Oven) step by step
- Season meat in both sides with kosher salt, garlic powder and fresh pepper..
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat a little olive oil in the bottom of a Dutch oven. Sear meat about 2 minutes on each side until brown all around..
- While meat is searing mix the soup, wine, worcestershire, soy, and gravy master in a bowl. Set aside..
- Remove meat from Dutch oven and add a little more olive oil to pot…
- Add vegetables (except mushrooms to Dutch oven. Season with salt and pepper. Let cook for 5 minutes on low heat, stirring often..
- Place meat back in Dutch oven nestled in the vegetables..
- Place 2 bay leaves and rosemary sprigs on top of roast. Pour sauce over meat..
- Pour beef broth over meat to cover most of meat and the vegetables.
- Cover Dutch oven and place in preheated oven for about 1 1/2 hours..
- After half the cooking time add mushrooms and baste the meat with some of the gravy..
- Continue cooking covered for another 1 1/2 – 2 hours..
- After 3-4 hours of cooking remove meat from pot. Remove bay leaves and rosemary and discard..
- Combine 2 table spoons of flour with 2 table spoons or more of water to create a smooth paste. Add to gravy and vegetables on stove top. Stir and then cover pot..
- Heat on stove top under a low flame until gravy is desired consistency. Bring to a slow boil. You can adjust seasoning as well.. add salt, pepper extra wine or worcestershire as necessary..
- Slice meat into thick slices and cover in gravy. Serve with vegetables and egg noodles..
- A nice side is a mixed green salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Don’t forget the biscuits!.
Brown sliced onions until nicely carmelized. Move to side, then add the roast to hot dutch oven to seer all sides just until browned. Generously salt and pepper the chuck roast. Heat the olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the halved onions to the pot, browning them.