Cheese fondue (Andres's recipe). Browse & Discover Thousands of Cooking Food & Wine Book Titles, for Less. The Swiss continue to promote the dish and its national importance. Find your favorite cheese fondue recipe for a fun, romantic appetizer.
Rub the inside of the ceramic fondue pot with the garlic, then discard. Over medium heat, add the wine and lemon juice and bring to a gentle simmer. Gradually stir the cheese into the simmering. You can have Cheese fondue (Andres's recipe) using 18 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheese fondue (Andres's recipe)
- Prepare of Gruyere.
- You need of Emmental.
- It’s of Appenzel.
- Prepare of Gorgonzola.
- Prepare of garlic.
- It’s of white wine.
- Prepare of coñac (or sake!!).
- You need of curry or nutmeg.
- Prepare of Dipping ingredients…..
- You need of Fresh pineapple chunks.
- Prepare of Apple chunks.
- Prepare of Pickled onions.
- It’s of Small gherkins.
- You need of Cherry tomatoes.
- It’s of Lychees.
- It’s of Bread from the day before.
- You need of Blanched carrots and asparagus.
- It’s of Tiny potatoes.
Rub the inside of the ceramic fondue pot with the garlic, then discard. Over medium heat, add the wine and lemon juice and bring to a gentle simmer. Gradually stir the cheese into the simmering liquid. Melting the cheese gradually encourages a smooth fondue.
Cheese fondue (Andres's recipe) instructions
- Get the cheeses together and start grating…. and grating…. and grating… and (have a sip of wine) grate some more……
- When the cheese is ready and your arm is really aching – you're ready to go!! Save the gorgonzola for later. Rub the inside of the fondue pan with the peeled clove of garlic. You should see a thin film around the pan when you have finished..
- Prepare the glass of wine. Dissolve a teaspoon of cornflour in a slosh of coñac in a separate glass for later..
- Prepare the dipping ingredients..
- Put the fondue pan over a low heat. Add the white wine. When it is warm, add the cheese, and start stirring.
- Stir, stir and stir.
- Stir some more, and when the cheese starts to melt add the gorgonzola.
- Start stirring making large 8 shapes with the spoon.
- Keep stirring eights and the mixture will get thicker. The oil on the top is normal – it's the fat that solid cheese has us happily oblivious to….
- Add the cornflour and brandy and a pinch of curry. Keep making 8 shapes with the spoon.
- When you have a smooth consistency, the fondue is ready to go on to its little burner..
- Get the burner ready – be really careful with the fondue fuel. Take the burner off the fondue set, and carefully pour the appropriate amount of fuel into it (depends on fondue size). Replace it and carefully light it from a sensible distance with a match..
- Put the fondue on the burner.
- Start dipping….
- And dipping……
- Halfway through we sometimes add a pinch of nutmeg – it changes the flavour (careful not to add too much)..
- Keep dipping and enjoy :-).
Reduce heat to medium-low; add a handful of cheese mixture. Stir constantly, using a figure-eight motion, until almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese, one handful at a time, allowing cheese to almost completely melt between additions. Stir in the garlic powder, oregano, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce. Stir after each addition of cheese until melted.