Vegan Blueberry Muffins. Sift all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour the remaining wet ingredients into the milk and. Step-by-Step Instructions Step One – Combine the Ingredients.
Step Two – Fold in the Blueberries. Once the batter is made, we want to gently fold in the blueberries. Spray a muffin tray very well with non-stick spray and set aside. You can have Vegan Blueberry Muffins using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- You need 1 cup of plus 2 Tbsp almond milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 3 cup of organic all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegan butter, melted.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon extract.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of fresh organic blueberries.
Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking powder and salt. It's as light as an angel food cake, which is made purely with egg whites. You can imagine how light that cake would be. So these eggless blueberry muffins which uses vinegar as an egg substitute is also equally light and airy.
Vegan Blueberry Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine almond milk and lemon juice in bowl. Let sit while preparing everything else so milk will curdle. About 10 minutes..
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt and cinnamon..
- Melt vegan butter and add to milk along with vanilla and lemon extracts..
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined..
- Fold in blueberries..
- Line 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners. Fill all the way to the top with batter..
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean..
Soy, coconut, cashew and almond milk are just a few alternatives to try out. In this recipe, we used unsweetened almond milk with a touch of lemon juice to curdle and thicken the liquid—a vegan buttermilk, if you will. The resulting muffins are full of moisture, have a great crumb and are light yet filling. These are moist, delicious vegan blueberry muffins, made with simple pantry ingredients and refreshing blueberries. These muffins are gluten-free, dairy-free, eggless, refined sugar-free, simple to make, and perfect for a summery treat!