Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder. Add the hominy, chilies, flour, thyme, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in the milk, and bring to a boil. Related Recipes: Veal, Pork and Porcini Bolognese Sauce.
And Icontinue to the recipe. about Craving > Spicy Hominy and Chicken Soup for SoupaPalooza The ham and cheese gets added just before serving. The cheddar cheese is what really makes this soup as delicious as it is. It's hard to resist cheesy goodness. You can cook Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder
- You need 4 oz of bacon.
- You need 2 of diced, celery.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of hominy.
- You need 1 lb of cubed, ham.
- It’s 2 of peppers, different colors.
- You need 2 of serranos.
- You need 4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of cilantro.
- It’s 1 of savory.
- Prepare 1 of herb de provence.
- You need 1 of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of seasoning salt.
- Prepare 1/2 quart of half and half.
- You need 1 cup of instant potatoes.
Plus it helps give the soup a really thick and hearty consistency. Add the mushroom soup, broth, adobo sauce, chipotle, and taco seasoning to the crock pot and mix until smooth. Add the potatoes, onions, the hominy, the bay leaf, and cheddar. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Crab and hominy chowder recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips.
Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder step by step
- Dice and cook bacon until slightly crisp, drain off most of the grease.
- Add celery and onion, saute a couple of minutes and then add the peppers and serranos.
- Once all of the vegetables are 2/3 cooked had the ham, the broth, drained hominy and seasonings. Make sure the liguid covers the other ingredients. If it does not add more broth or water..
- Once hot, add the half and half, and the instant potatoes. Depending upon the brand adjust the amount of instant potatoes..
Get one of our Crab and hominy chowder recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. This corn chowder with ham is made from everyday ingredients. Bacon, onion, celery, and garlic infuse a ton of flavor. The flour and potatoes thicken the soup and make it hearty. Italian seasoning and a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional – it doesn't make it spicy but it adds a little something-something) punch up the taste even more.