Southwest Beef and Sausage Chili Stew. Here is how you do it. The ingredients needed to prepare Southwest Beef and Sausage Chili Stew: Provide of steak or small roast. Southwest Beef and Sausage Chili Stew Lamo's Kitchen Earth.
It is appreciated by millions daily. They're nice and they look fantastic. In a heavy bottomed pot, place the ground beef and break up the meat with a wooden spoon, scattering it across the entire pot. You can cook Southwest Beef and Sausage Chili Stew using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southwest Beef and Sausage Chili Stew
- Prepare 1 of steak or small roast.
- Prepare 9 of Italian sausage links.
- It’s 2 of large potatoes.
- It’s 1 of onion (any color).
- It’s 2 of large tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 boxes of low sodium beef or vegetable stock.
- You need of seasonings:.
- You need of Minced garlic or garlic salt.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- It’s of ground pepper (red white and black).
- You need of Fresh or dried chives.
- You need of parsley, basil and oregano mix.
- It’s of (optional) seasoning salt.
- It’s of (highly suggested) pack of good gravy mix.
Cover with onion, garlic, chili powder, black pepper, white pepper and cayenne. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the meat is browned and onions are translucent. Do not let the onions or garlic brown. Hearty, filling and man-pleasing describes this stew.
Southwest Beef and Sausage Chili Stew instructions
- Brown meats in a large stove top dutch oven. Once meats are cooked, drain excess juices and add vegetable stock and spices..
- Continuing to boil over medium heat, dice potatoes and add to the pot. Dice onions and tomatoes and add 10-15 minutes after the potatoes..
- Make sure everything is under the vegetable stock, if food sticks over top add some water and salt to raise the water level in the pot. Add any sort of vegetables you like (I only had potatoes onions and tomatoes at the time).
- Cover your pot and let it boil on medium for 30 minutes, stirring it every 10 minutes or so, and keep it over a very low heat while serving to make sure it stays hot!.
Link sausage, cumin, chilies, and chili powder is what gives this soup its Southwest flavor. This dish is quick, easy, and tastes best when it simmers in a slow cooker or even on the stove all day. Bake some Mexican cornbread, toss a simple green salad, and you have a great meal. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and sausage to the pot and cook over medium-high heat.