Old Fashion Beef Stew. Remove beef from stock pot and set aside. Old-Fashioned Beef Stew This rich, hearty beef stew has a garden full of flavor with vegetables like cabbage, rutabaga and carrots. When we were all home, she'd throw in extra vegetables to stretch it.
Stand back, as it will splatter. Stir, and add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, onion, bay leaves, and allspice. A stew that will heat you up on a cold winter day. You can have Old Fashion Beef Stew using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Old Fashion Beef Stew
- It’s 1 of onion diced.
- It’s 2 of potatoes diced.
- Prepare 1 of carrot cut into round.
- You need cubes of Green bell pepper.
- Prepare of Tomatoes wedges.
- It’s of Some pepper corns.
- Prepare of Ketchup.
- It’s slices of Beef.
Brown meat in a large preheated and lightly oiled stock pot or dutch oven over med high heat until meat has browned on all sides. Add onion and celery and continue to brown for a few minutes, stirring often. Directions Brown meat in hot oil. Add water, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bay leaves, onion, salt, sugar, pepper, paprika, and allspice.
Old Fashion Beef Stew instructions
- Fry the beef slices until golden brown.Then transfer into a pot.Let it boil fir an hour..
- Fry potatoes and carrots set aside.After an hour combined all the ingredients into the pit then boil fir another 30 mins.Serve.
Old-Fashioned Beef Stew When it comes to winter comfort food, a good old-fashioned beef stew is about as good as it gets. Hearty, warm, and full of vegetables, it's versatile and so easy to put together. The best part is that it's a one-pot wonder. Place cubed stew meat into a large bowl. Mix until all the beef is covered.