Pfeffernusse Pound Cake. Great recipe for Pfeffernusse Pound Cake. Decided this time to make into a pound cake. Took all the flavors of the cookies and mixed them with pound cake recipe.
My husband loves Pfeffernusse and I had never made them. Warn the readers that the dough is dry and crumbly. I was afraid I had put too much flour in and made a second batch! You can cook Pfeffernusse Pound Cake using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pfeffernusse Pound Cake
- You need 1/2 lb of butter (2 sticks) room temp.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable shortening (room temp).
- You need 3 cups of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 5 of eggs (room temp).
- Prepare 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of molasses.
- It’s 1/4 cup of honey.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of cardomon.
- You need 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger.
- You need 2 tsp of anise extract.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Powdered sugar.
Took the second dough and froze it to bake them off for when my adult kids. This spicy-sweet cookie translates as "Pepper nuts" in German, and this rich holiday treat lives up to its name! Swirls of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and flurries of confectioner's sugar dance like sugar plum fairies through these sweet snacks – you'll want to make them a tradition that lasts all year! Add the molasses mixture and stir until thoroughly combines.
Pfeffernusse Pound Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt or spring form pan..
- With mixer cream butter and shortening together. Add sugar and brown sugar a little at a time. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition..
- Stir dry ingredients together in a separate bowl (flour, cardomon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, pepper, salt and baking powder). Add to butter mixture alternating with milk..
- Add in molasses, honey, anise and vanilla extracts..
- Pour batter into greased and floured tube/bundt pan. Bake for 1 – 1 1/2 hours until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- When cooled remove from pan and dust with powered sugar..
I'm not sure who decided to call this confection a cake, because it's much more like a candy bar with cookies speckled throughout. Cutting the cake will require a large chef's knife. Pfeffernusse Cookie Mix and Stroopwafel Cake Mix. They're the baking shortcuts that will help you get into the holiday spirit. These shortcuts will help make your holiday baking a piece of cake.