5 Ingredient Caramel Popcorn. How to make caramel popcorn: Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once melted, stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Using a medium sized microwave safe bowl add the butter, brown sugar, syrup and salt. My Salted Caramel Popcorn is a delight. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. You can have 5 Ingredient Caramel Popcorn using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 5 Ingredient Caramel Popcorn
- Prepare 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of canola oil (optional).
- It’s 50 ml of full cream milk or double cream.
- You need 125 ml of butter.
- You need 250 ml of packed brown sugar.
Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. This Caramel Popcorn (Or Caramel Corn) is a simple two step process. First, make a simple caramel sauce by boiling butter, brown sugar and corn syrup over the stove and pouring over your popcorn.
5 Ingredient Caramel Popcorn step by step
- In a large pot, pour canola oil to coat the base of the pot.
- Cover the bottom of the pot with popcorn kernels and cook as per package instructions.
- In a separate pot, add sugar, butter and milk (DO NOT STIR).
- On high heat, allow ingredients to melt and begin to simmer.
- Once small bubbles appear, stir continuously until mixture becomes frothy.
- Allow sauce to thicken at medium heat and stir only to prevent sauce from sticking to the sides of the pot.
- Once sauce has thickened and has taken on a golden brown colour, completely turn off heat and add popcorn to sauce, ensure that all pieces are coated.
- Sprinkle salt and serve.
Second, you bake the popcorn so it's wonderfully crunchy and not the wet, sticky stuff. Combine sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a large heat-proof bowl. Microwave for a minute then stir. Pour mixture over prepared popcorn and blend to coat evenly. With a thin, crispy, even coating of caramel on every piece, this caramel corn stays crispy for weeks.