Fish in a Pita. Place the tilapia fillets in the skillet, and season with lemon pepper, salt and cayenne. Fish in a pita leaking to ziti, or tzatziki, ugh I know you women thinkin' this awful But you know who you are and you're livin' unlawful (if you're stinkin') Fellas I don't know if anybody eva'. In a small bowl, combine the tuna, cheese, celery, onion and mayonnaise.
Top the pita off with the contents of the sardine can. You can place the fillets on whole, or roughly chop them them place them on. Add a splash of fresh lemon juice on top and a generous drizzle of the lemon basil sauce. You can have Fish in a Pita using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fish in a Pita
- You need of pollock filets see my recipe fried fish for breading.
- It’s of vegetable oil to medium fry in.
- It’s of medium Cucumber.
- Prepare of grape tomatoes.
- Prepare of kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- It’s of dill weed.
- Prepare of pita Bread.
- Prepare of red wine/ malt vinegar.
- You need of mayonnaise.
Swipe a bit of tzatziki sauce over the pita, add the grilled fish and lemon basil sauce, then add a bit of the Mediterranean salad and olives to your liking. Pita bread, sometimes called Arabic bread, is a soft, slightly leavened flatbread that's hugely popular in Middle Eastern cuisine. The fun part of it is that, because it's baked at a very high temperature, the dough puffs up and separates during cooking, naturally creating a pocket. Sure, you could fill a pita with cold cuts as you would your usual sandwich, but that's really just the start: Your options go way beyond that.
Fish in a Pita instructions
- Heat the oil and fry the fish. For the breading it's a cornmeal /flour mixture.
- Wash and peel the Cucumber in a striped peeling way..
- Thinly slice the Cucumber and add the salt..
- Sprinkle with dill weed..
- Wash and slice the tomatoes..
- Add salt and pepper along with the dill weed..
- Toast the pita Bread. Then slice in half..
- Add mayonnaise, tomatoes, Cucumber to taste in the pita slice..
- Add the fish filet. I found it worked out better by slicing the fish into pieces. add the vinegar..
In a large bowl, add the lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, broccoli and onions. In a small bowl, add the tuna and ranch dressing. Add the tuna mixture to the lettuce mixture and stir to combine. Wrap the pita rounds in foil and place them at the other end of the baking sheet. To serve, spread a some of the basil mayonnaise.