Fruit Cake Cookies. Mix the pecans, cherries, pineapple and raisins in a large bowl, then pour the batter over them. Fold the fruit and nuts into the batter by hand, mixing well. Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls onto.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. You can cook Fruit Cake Cookies using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fruit Cake Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of cream of tartar.
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla.
- You need 1 tsp. of rum flavor.
- You need 3/4 cup of candied cherries (chopped).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of candied pineapple (chopped).
- It’s 3/4 cup of raisins (coarsely chopped).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of pecans (chopped).
Fruit cake combines sweet dried fruits (golden raisins and chopped dates), warm spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves), citrus (orange zest), crunchy toasted almonds and brandy. In other words, all the flavors of the season are wrapped up in fruit cake. In a bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
Fruit Cake Cookies step by step
- In mixing bowl, cream butter & sugar; beat in egg, vanilla & rum flavor. Gradually add flour & cream of tartar, beating just until mixed. Stir in cherries, pineapple, raisins & nuts. Divide dough in half. Roll each into a log about 2 inches around. Wrap in wax paper – freeze firm. To bake, slice cookie rolls ¼ inch thick with a sharp knife; place on a greased baking sheet & bake at 375* for 12 – 14 minutes until lightly browned on edges. Cool on rack..
- candied pineapple.
- mixing the candied fruit, raisins, & nuts into the dough.
- fruitcake dough rolled into logs.
- sliced cookies, ready for baking.
- the fruitcake cookie.
Combine flour, baking soda, salt and oats; add to creamed mixture and mix well. In small bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon; set aside. In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add flour mixture and mix only until combined. Mix well the cake mix, eggs, and oil.