Beef stew. In this recipe, beef stew meat is braised in a rich, mildly spicy red chile sauce until fork tender and served over mashed sweet potatoes. Beef stew is the ultimate comfort food. With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these variations elevate the classic from familiar to fabulous.
Add onions, tomatoes, broth, tapioca, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Heat a large Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Season the beef generously with salt and pepper, and add to the pan. You can cook Beef stew using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef stew
- Prepare of Beef stew meat.
- It’s of Mixed vegetables (frozen or canned).
- It’s of Onion.
- It’s of green peppers.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- You need of Canned diced tomatoes.
- You need of Red cooking wine.
- You need of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s Half a package of onion soup mix.
- It’s to taste of Salt, pepper, garlic, Accent.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of can tomato sauce.
Add the beef, beef broth and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a slow simmer. Add beef back to dutch oven then add broth, wine, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
Beef stew instructions
- Sauté meat in a skillet with olive oil, transfer to pot, add spices and seasonings. Let cook until meat is tender..
- Add vegetables, let simmer 30 more minutes. Enjoy!.
In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat. A cozy, classic beef stew with tender beef, carrots, mushrooms + potatoes. Everyone will love this, especially on those chilly nights!