Spicy sweet potato corn chowder. Low Prices on Sweet Potato Wraps. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Retro Sweet Hampers with Huge Selection of Gift Ideas. Spicy sweet potato & corn chowder.
Stir in salt, pepper, cumin and broth, stirring well. Increase heat to medium and bring to a low boil. Pour half of the soup in a blender or food processor; purée. You can cook Spicy sweet potato corn chowder using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy sweet potato corn chowder
- You need 1 tbsp of avocado oil.
- Prepare 1/2 c of diced celery.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of chopped red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of small sweet onion.
- You need 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- It’s 4 c of frozen (or fresh) corn.
- You need 2-3 of hot peppers finely chopped (I use ghost peppers, but jalapeños will do nicely).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 2 c of low- sodium vegetable (or chicken) broth.
- Prepare 2 c of peeled and cubed sweet potato.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of half and half (divided).
Combine puréed soup with the remaining soup and stir well. In a small bowl, make a slurry with the cornstarch and ¼ cup of the half-and-half. And of course lots of fresh cilantro is added at the end. I like to serve the Spicy Corn and Potato Chowder with a big squeeze of lime juice.
Spicy sweet potato corn chowder instructions
- In a large stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-low heat. Add celery, bell pepper, onion, garlic, corn, chipotle and jalapeño; sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring often..
- Stir in salt, pepper, cumin and broth, stirring well. Increase heat to medium and bring to a low boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and add sweet potatoes. Simmer over low for 8–10 minutes or until potatoes are tender..
- Pour half of the soup in a blender or food processor; purée. Combine puréed soup with the remaining soup and stir well. Gently reheat..
- In a small bowl, make a slurry with the cornstarch and ¼ cup of the half-and-half..
- Add to soup and stir well. Stir in the remaining 1¼ cups half-and-half. Stir over medium heat until the soup becomes slightly thickened..
- Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!.
Melt the butter in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. This Spicy Sweet Potato Corn Chowder is a healthier, dairy-free twist on the classic dairy-rich dish. It's loaded with veggies, perfectly spiced, vegan and incredibly creamy. There's just something about a warm, hearty soup that feels particularly nourishing. This healthy corn chowder is a creamy, hearty and warming dish that's perfect for chilly winter evenings!